Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2015 1:54:36 AM EDT
Alright guys. I get out of the Corps this august and will be moving back to MD for the first time in 5 years. Im interested in competitively shooting. Does anyone here compete, or are members of ranges that host matches? This past year I have been a range coach and shoot service competitions regularly. Therefore I want to branch out and try something more dynamic as opposed to one handed pistol and KD rifle matches.

Im located in Western MoCo and realize I may have to travel throughout the state, Virginia included.

I appreciate any input you have.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]
In regards to most shooting stuff, Maryland is a dead stick, you couldn't get most members here out to the range even if you had endless wings.  Kind of like the guy that goes out and buys a new Harley rides it two weeks a year, but rocks HD born to ride clothing 365 days a year. yeah.. they are those guys...

with that being said, I am about to about to start entering long range/sniper competitions this spring/summer in attempt to actually get to know people who not only enjoy shooting but are willing to travel and put some money up to enjoy it because having 15k in safe queens is no indicator of peoples desire to go shooting

check out 2015 Mason Dixon Sniper Series,

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=541&f=5526&t=13559622

if you have the gear and your interested let me know, Garby0331 a dirty ass, highly emotional 8th Marine and Myself a typical 7th Marine would love for more people to get out and grow the sport.

we have our own private 1000 yard range in WV that we would love to set up as a training area for competitions in the future
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Some of the clubs that shoot up at AGC have started doing 2 gun shoots.  I hope to make one this year.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of the clubs that shoot up at AGC have started doing 2 gun shoots.  I hope to make one this year.
View Quote

point in case, the rest of the country does 3 gun, MD is just getting into 2 gun
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

point in case, the rest of the country does 3 gun, MD is just getting into 2 gun
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go fuvkcing figure right? Its been tough watching the state get worse from afar. I will definitely send you a pm M4kh33 as i get closer to my eas this summer, as my next rig is gonna be a precision one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#5]
2 gun is better than no gun!
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Go fuvkcing figure right? Its been tough watching the state get worse from afar. I will definitely send you a pm M4kh33 as i get closer to my eas this summer, as my next rig is gonna be a precision one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

where are you EAS'ing from?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Pendleton.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#8]
nice...

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:09:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:09:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There used to be a great 3 gun competition monthly down by PAX NAS, but the guy that ran it seems to have been transferred and nobody else in the club seemed to want the job.
View Quote

MD shooters much prefer the shadows apparently. Not that I blame them...
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There used to be a great 3 gun competition monthly down by PAX NAS, but the guy that ran it seems to have been transferred and nobody else in the club seemed to want the job.

well... they are far too busy discussing the non existent legal definition of HBAR to be worried about shooting.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn you sb281. I was stuck in 29 Palms when that happened. Wanted to fly home in order buy lowers until my credit card maxed out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:15:49 AM EDT
[#14]
You can still get lowers.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I heard a couple places started selling those again. Has anyone heard about or read a news article on someone getting incarcerated on the new law?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#16]
No. It's a 922 r type thing. Nobody is going to public ranges and checking for hbar stampings. Nobody is breaking out the calipers and measuring barrel diameter.  You can still find noveske, lmt, knights rifles around.

pre October colt 6920 A Ok
post October colt 6920 no no no
post October colt 6920 sbr A Ok
post October colt 6921 sbr A Ok.

Considering the absurdity of the above very few cops would have the ability to know what's legal or not so that's not something that I would lose any sleep over.

If you want a lightweight build, grab a some v7 parts, get a noveske barrel dimpled and slap a kmr rail on it and you be around 7 lbs with optic

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#17]
York Izaak Walton  in southern PA  is where I shoot

Link
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#18]
3 gun shoot on 18Apr at AGC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top