Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 4:53:47 PM EDT
VA resident here, but there are slim pickings on the ESVA for ranges. I used to frequent DelMarVa Sporting Clays,but that was before I built the AR. Looking to get some range time in at that range, but I'd really rather not become a felon. Orange isn't a good color on me.

Long story short, is it legal for me to travel to a MD range to shoot my (almost certainly not MD legal) AR?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Well....

Colt 6921 is legal
Colt 6920 is illegal
any variation of a hbar is legal.
AR pistols are fine as well.

In all honesty, the people that  you are concerned with have no clue what's legal or not.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well if you bought it before all the stupid shit went down, it's more certainly legal.

The real question is will the LEOs know that.

The bigger question is, will they care?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
(almost certainly not MD legal) AR?

Well if you bought it before all the stupid shit went down, it's more certainly legal.

The real question is will the LEOs know that.

The bigger question is, will they care?

No. Nobody really cares about all the shit that went down last year. If they did you would here of people have there barrels diameter taken at various public ranges. Same thing with incidents of people at ranges have there guns serial numbers ran.

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:54:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well....

Colt 6921 is legal
Colt 6920 is illegal
any variation of a hbar is legal.
AR pistols are fine as well.

In all honesty, the people that  you are concerned with have no clue what's legal or not.
View Quote

Does that mean you can't legally go to your local gun range and shoot your 6920?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#5]
If it was purchased before Oct of last year, it's fine,

fwiw, law enforcement isn't showing up at ranges checking dates, measuring barrel diameters,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top