Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2015 10:20:59 PM EDT
I've searched for up to date info, and cannot find a definitive answer. Quick question -

I may be moving to MD from NC. Do I need to "register" my AR, even thought it has "evil features"? Is it grandfathered, and I don't have to do anything? Or would it be "regulated"? Can I move and bring it with me with no issues? Also, what about stripped lowers?

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in MD but sorry I can't answer your question.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you need to register it.  This is such a f_cked up state.  Stay away, stay far away.  If you can somehow convert it to a non-regulated version you can avoid registration.  Personally, I would do everything I could to avoid registering. EVERYTHING!
The following is from the Safety Act:

"If you move to Maryland after October 1, 2013, you must register all regulated firearms within 90 days. There is a $15 fee to register any number of firearms."

ETA

Also, if you purchased the AR15 after October 31, 2013 you are not even allowed to bring it into the state.  I am fairly sure this is how it is spelled out or at least interpreted.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, you need to register it.  This is such a f_cked up state.  Stay away, stay far away.  If you can somehow convert it to a non-regulated version you can avoid registration.  Personally, I would do everything I could to avoid registering. EVERYTHING!

The following is from the Safety Act:
"If you move to Maryland after October 1, 2013, you must register all regulated firearms within 90 days. There is a $15 fee to register any number of firearms."

ETA
Also, if you purchased the AR15 after October 31, 2013 you are not even allowed to bring it into the state.  I am fairly sure this is how it is spelled out or at least interpreted.

View Quote

Well that's a bummer. Thank you sir, I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah this state is so fucked up.

There are only stripped lowers for sale everywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top