Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2014 4:11:41 PM EDT
Earlier today I went to a Gander Mountain in Pennsylvania to buy a historic rifle I've had my eye on for some time now, namely the Mosin Nagant.
However, the clerk at the firearms section of the store wasn't able to sell me said gun, due to there being laws regarding the sale of firearms with Bayonet Lugs to MD residents.
He also told me that this law was recently enacted as part of a clause regarding the sale of AR15 style rifles that included Bayonet Lugs.

Can anyone point me to official/detailed information on these laws? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
ahahaha, no.

It has to be a semi-auto first off, and I don't think bayo-lugs are even on the list:

Q: What are the evil features for semi-auto centerfire rifles that take detachable mags?
A: The list is:
1. Folding stock
2. Grenade or flare launcher
3. Flash hider

That's it, no lugs.

The dude is probably thinking about the Federal AWB list of features.

here's the bill, see the first 10 pages, no bayo-lugs.
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/sb/sb0281e.pdf
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Just get a C&R license  and cut half the BS out and not deal with places like Gander Mountain.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get a C&R license  and cut half the BS out and not deal with places like Gander Mountain.
View Quote

This, and get discounts at Brownells, as well as all the Mosins you want delivered to your door for cheaper than you'll find at any store.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This, and get discounts at Brownells, as well as all the Mosins you want delivered to your door for cheaper than you'll find at any store.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That discount at Brownells cant be beat  I have saved a lot of money over the years
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That discount at Brownells cant be beat  I have saved a lot of money over the years
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Midwayusa, too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Midway stopped the C&R discount a few years back.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

That's about the time i stopped dealing with them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

i was a fan of their $15 shipping for a $5 part
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Mosin Nagant doesn't even have a bayonet lug! That guy was all kinds of confused.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top