Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2014 6:23:32 PM EDT
from their Facebook page:

CCSO Mourns Loss of PFC Jamel Clagett

Today our hearts are heavy as we mourn the loss of a kind, gentle soul.

Charles County Sheriff Troy D. Berry is saddened to announce the death of Patrolman First Class Jamel Clagett, 30, who died in a motor vehicle crash this morning on Route 218 in King George, Virginia.

PFC Clagett was driving home after working a midnight shift when his car left the roadway and struck a tree; he died instantly. PFC Clagett, a ten-year decorated veteran of the Charles County Sheriff’s Office, was assigned to Patrol Operations at the District IV Waldorf station.

“Jamel was a great policeman who cared about his community and valued his fellow workers. He was known for his kindness. In fact, his last act this morning – after working an eight hour overnight shift – was buying breakfast at a local restaurant and dropping it off to our midnight communications staff, whom he considered family,” said Sheriff Berry. “Jamel always made it a point to look out for others and to make sure everyone was happy before he went home for the day,” Sheriff Berry said.

During his tenure, PFC Clagett received letters of appreciation from citizens and was honored with awards from various agencies. In 2011, PFC Clagett was recognized by the Maryland State Highway Administration for his work in DUI prevention. In 2010, PFC Clagett received a Meritorious Service Award from the CCSO after subduing a man who was armed with a knife and attempting to injure his family. In 2004, PFC Clagett received a Governor’s Citation for outstanding efforts in crime prevention and home security.

PFC Clagett is survived by his mother, two brothers and a sister. Details regarding his funeral are forthcoming.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
sad brother
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn....RIP
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I was in King George last Wednesday and saw a number of CCSO cars in driveways, it struck me odd that they could take their cars out of state.
I even made a comment to the wife that they had sense enough not to live in MD.
I know a guy with another agency that lives there and he has to leave his patrol car in MD.

RIP Ofc.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top