Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 9:57:39 PM EDT
I will be in Baltimore the last week of February for work and was looking for some help with handgun regulations. I do realize that MD does not recognize any other states cwp but was wondering what if i keep in in my hotel room for my personal protection? what do i need to know? Is this even possible? I have never been to Baltimore and have heard mixed stories of it! I am coming from South Carolina and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure others will have more accurate information, but I would leave your gun at home.
Without a carry permit (), I think you are only allowed to carry a gun from your home to a range, and back, no stops in between.
And if you get caught carrying that handgun, I am sure they will make an example out of you to show how tough they are on handgun violations(since they don't prosecute criminals, they've got to prosecute somebody).
Play it safe, and leaving it at home would be your best bet.
I wish I could have more positive information for you, but that's life in a leftist-controlled state.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#2]
well that is disappointing! Thanks for the info, i guess i won't be leaving the hotel!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Its your life. You only get one. I would plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Try to avoid staying close to the city center - if possible.  Do not stray into neighborhoods you don't know.  You can go 2-3 blocks and it can change more than you know.  If your instinct says its not right - it isn't.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like I will be staying in "North baltimore" the hotel is in Towson? What do I need to know? Any places to get a good beer?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like I will be staying in "North baltimore" the hotel is in Towson? What do I need to know? Any places to get a good beer?
View Quote

If you roll north on York (aka MD45) there are some nice bars up in the Timonium area that aren't overrun by the college crowd. My favourite place is "The Still" or "An Poitin Stil". Good food, good drinks, nice atmosphere.

There's also "the corner stable" up a little further north on York. Good food, but parking can be problematic sometimes.

Casey's Bar and Grill is a little younger crowd, right off of Joppa and Loch Raven, towards Parkville. Really good food. I wish there was a place like that where I live now.

ETA:
Oh, and leave the handgun at home unless you have a W&C Permit. Just be alert instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top