Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2014 1:26:02 AM EDT
What does it take to prove I am a bona fide gun collector?  I understand I would also have to prove my guns are on exhibit but appease me.. What does it take?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:47:26 AM EDT
[#1]
What does it take? GOOD LUCK  !  And bank deposit slips  from your business!
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Getting 'collector status' is easy.  Getting a CCW is a whole 'nuther story.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you planning to get your "bona fide collector" letter from the State Police and then just always be moving at least firearm to or from public or private exhibition?

I don't think I'd play that game.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you planning to get your "bona fide collector" letter from the State Police and then just always be moving at least firearm to or from public or private exhibition?

I don't think I'd play that game.
View Quote

I hadn't read that I also needed to be moving several firearms to and from exhibits so long as my guns were in fact in an exhibit. I suppose that is part of my question. If I wanted to obtain the status of a "bona fide collector" would it be as simple as creating an LLC ?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What does it take to prove I am a bona fide gun collector?  I understand I would also have to prove my guns are on exhibit but appease me.. What does it take?
View Quote

Re-read that statute. It only gives a bona fide collector authority to move the guns IAW the other transportation regulations. You can only wear, carry, or transport a loaded handgun if you have a W&C permit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top