Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2014 9:12:34 PM EDT
I've shot skeet and trap for a while now and have recently wanted to get a handgun, but after doing my homework on maryland's handgun laws it's looking rough. The problem is that I'm a college student so I'm a maryland resident, but am in Washington state for a summer internship, and I go to school in Virginia. The extra money for the license doesn't sit well with my budget and since I'm out of state for school it seems like the whole process would take a few trips back home. I have a few days at home before I leave again so I'm wondering if any of y'all know of any instructors who are offering the class at a lower cost and if I can get my prints done outside of maryland. I don't want to deal with this ridiculous process but I also don't want to wait until I'm a resident of another state to buy a handgun. Thanks in advance, any info is appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you live in in non-school housing while attending school in VA? You could use that as your residence as long as you can show proof. utility bill or some such. I think it's 30 days or more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top