Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 4:29:29 PM EDT
This year I visited the 2014 Gun & Outdoor Sportsman Expo, at the  Hager Hall in Hagerstown, MD. I went in looking for some good products from local vendors and I definitely wasn't disappointed. Among the larger vendors including Hendershots Sporting goods, and Tannerman's trading, there were a few small booths manned by entrepreneurs such as J.J. from Silent Soldier Holsters, based out of western Maryland.  JJ  had on display some kydex holsters that he makes, and markets himself. Silent Soldier Holsters wasn't the only booth at the show marketing these kydex holsters, and as we all know this isn't a market that's easily cornered with all the larger corporations making the same product. What I saw different in JJ's holsters was the obvious amount of time and care that he puts into each one, and the various amount of options that he offers. All of JJ's holsters are made to order in either .08 or .06 inch Kydex, and the belt loops are injection molded polymer offering the maximum amount of strength.

I decided to purchase a pmag carrier from SSH, I didn't have a way to carry a spare mag without having my tac-vest on and JJ's carrier offered me this option. The buying process was very simple and straight forward, I provided JJ my email address and within 24 hours I received a Paypal request for the total of my purchase along with an order confirmation to make sure that everything was correct. JJ's customer service is top notch, he responds to emails almost immediately and is an excellent example of someone running a homemade business the right way. It took about 10 business days for my carrier to ship, and only a few to deliver. Here is is what I got:

This is definitely a quality kydex carrier. All hardware is metal and tightly fit. The belt loops are a softer molded polymer and have some slight give but wont break under pressure (I tried to break these off but due to the give of the polymer its practically impossible)
The reinforced holes along the side of the carrier; I found can also be utilized to tie the carrier to your belt in case the loops do indeed break and you're in a bad situation.

The attention to detail is bar none, as you can see here every edge is finished and polished to offer a smooth edge and clean look. This is something that attracted me most to the Silent Soldier Holster line. This attention to detail is a sign of not cutting corners and doing things right.

I tested this carrier with both a Gen 2 Windowed, and Gen 3 pmag. The fit with the gen 2 windowed pmag is exact and hard to beat. The retention screw on the carrier is adjustable, and can be adjusted from chewing gum sticky, to vulcan death grip and everywhere in between.

However the fit of the gen 3 pmag was a bit different. Pmag molded these magazines with a sholder that prevents them from being fully inserted into the carrier, although it is still held snugly by the carrier. I found that the magazine can be inserted flipped and it does seem to slide into the carrier but its obvious the carrier wasnt molded to hold the magazine in this way.

In all I'm beyond pleased with not only the construction of this carrier, but the company that it comes from and their values. Made in the USA, for a good cause, and by good people. If you're looking for a quality kydex holster/carrier, I suggest you look to J.J. and his company Silent Soldier Holsters.

Visit Silent soldier holsters at http://www.silentsoldierholsters.com although still under construction J.J. can always be reached at [email protected]

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good review, but if it requires PayPal - it's a bust.  PayPal is a NOGO for gunnies.
View Quote

PayPal has zero issues with holsters. Even gun parts are ok, it's only firearms that are restricted
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top