Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2014 1:07:34 PM EDT
I'm watching this one closely.  Could be interesting....

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=156017
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
AR pistols are "assault pistols", no?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
yes, but there are some on "the list" along with the Sig P556
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
So I guess out of state sales are cash and carry as well huh?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
What if you intend to build a lower into a single-shot rifle like the British build?  That would seem to REMOVE the gun from any MD laws covering semi-auto rifles.  

And there are uppers made in .50 BMG for the AR lower.  What if you attach that to a lower?  Single shot.  Right?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Breaking from MSP.  Lowers ARE legal for sale but as of now they have to be on a 77R.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Breaking from MSP.  Lowers ARE legal for sale but as of now they have to be on a 77R.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reminds me, is there anything else still available to us that's still "regulated"?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone is looking for me, I'll be off buying a shit ton of $39 lowers!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:53:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why?

You are limited to pistol, sbr and HBAR builds?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

"Limited" is a relative term. I have neither AR pistols, SBRs nor HBARs. I have a couple M4 profile barrels. I want to build a pistol, SBR and a .300 blackout.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Is anybody other than engage selling them yet? I don't really want to drive 2 hours up there, 2 hours back, wait 7 days, and then do it again...

Local FFLs here said no way.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is anybody other than engage selling them yet? I don't really want to drive 2 hours up there, 2 hours back, wait 7 days, and then do it again...

View Quote

Where is "local"?  Baltimore's Best Pawn, Keep Shooting (Waldorf), Precision Ballistics (Brandywine), and A1 Uniform are doing it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Where is "local"?  Baltimore's Best Pawn, Keep Shooting (Waldorf), Precision Ballistics (Brandywine), and A1 Uniform are doing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wicomico county.

And I just checked my preferred FFL's facebook, and it turns out he has changed his mind and is selling stripped lowers. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#14]
2A (near 32 and 1) posted on their FB page they have lowers inbound as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#16]
2A in Jessup had a large supply of Anderson lowers(10+), with a few Spikes left.

Jim Smith
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Would this apply to AK lowers (Nodak)?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Just did my paperwork yesterday for two at Keep Shooting.  They also have Extreme Machining lowers in stock.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just did my paperwork yesterday for two at Keep Shooting.  They also have Extreme Machining lowers in stock.
View Quote

Cost?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#20]
The Extreme Machining lowers after paperwork, MSP, etc. are $70-something OTD.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

X2
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I doubt it.  ARs have the 'HBAR' loophole, there was never any such 'out' for AKs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

X2

I doubt it.  ARs have the 'HBAR' loophole, there was never any such 'out' for AKs.

Thanks.  If anyone learns to the contrary - I would be interested to hear of it.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good news. But I got stuff I dont shoot now.

Dont need more.
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Stripped lowers no longer require a 77R!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Stripped lowers no longer require a 77R!
View Quote

Source?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]
FFL I did the paperwork at. He cited licensing division.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Would this mean that we could have stripped AK lowers shipped in from a manufacturer to our FFL?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Would this mean that we could have stripped AK lowers shipped in from a manufacturer to our FFL?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been wondering the same but forgot to ask.  It would make sense If you build a pistol or sbr.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

How would you build it so it doesn't fall under the 'banned' list? (https://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=835OWi-sH2U%3D&tabid=429&mid=1074)

#2 on the list "AK-47 in ALL forms"

#27 on the list "Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format"  (there goes the AK-74s...)

and

#24 takes out Galil builds

#43 takes out the Valmet builds.

AR lowers can be sold due to the 'HBAR' clause in #15.  So unless you're building an AR HBAR with that AK lower you're SOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How would you build it so it doesn't fall under the 'banned' list? (https://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=835OWi-sH2U%3D&tabid=429&mid=1074)

#27 on the list "Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format"  (there goes the AK-74s...)

and

AR lowers can be sold due to the 'HBAR' clause in #15.  So unless you're building an AR HBAR with that AK lower you're SOL.

Fair explanation - thanks.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#33]
So now there is no 77r needed? I haven't heard of this one yet and I've been keeping up with mdshooters to stay up to date.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Which FFL was this? I haven't heard of this at all.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm picking up my stripped lower for a pistol build this Thursday from 2A. I'm planning on picking Mark's brain a little as to what's being allowed right now by MSP.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I'm picking up my stripped lower for a pistol build this Thursday from 2A. I'm planning on picking Mark's brain a little as to what's being allowed right now by MSP.
View Quote

Please report back and let us know.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

and

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and

What else can you build that stripped AR lower into? A pistol? An SBR?

AK pistol? AK SBR?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#38]
So, am I legally aloud to buy a striped lower or not? Be it online and sent to an FFL or at an FFL if I can find one that does??? I want to build a precision rifle; BCM ss410, etc, yadda, yadda, but don't want to have to buy an already built HBAR just to strip it down!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#39]
So, am I legally aloud to buy a striped lower or not? Be it online and sent to an FFL or at an FFL if I can find one that does??? I want to build a precision rifle; BCM ss410, etc, yadda, yadda, but don't want to have to buy an already built HBAR just to strip it down!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

AND AOWS

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Curious on this as well.  I have an M&P10 and want to get an M&P15 for the wife, preferably a lower and just build it up.  Was told all M&Ps are banned due to barrel and lowers can't be sold?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Thanks.  If anyone learns to the contrary - I would be interested to hear of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

X2

NO AKS BUT RUGER MINI 14 LEGAL SAW ONE IN WALMART A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO IN MT AIRY MARYLAND
MAYBE RUGER MINI 30'S ARE LEGAL DONT KNOW THEY SHOT 7.62X39MM JUST LIKE AKS
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Broadly, any rifle that has two of three characteristics - folding stock, grenade launcher or flash suppressor — is considered an “assault weapon” and now illegal in Maryland. The statute also makes specific pistols, rifles and, shotguns — “or a copy regardless of the producer or manufacturer” — banned in the “Free State.” They are as follows:

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/17/miller-here-are-81-specific-gun-models-banned-mary/#ixzz3IKll9NUG
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Manufacturers A: AA Arms AP–9 semiautomatic pistol;American Arms Spectre da Semiautomatic carbine; AK–47 in all forms; Algimec AGM–1 type semi–auto; AR 100 type semi–auto; AR 180 type semi–auto; Argentine L.S.R. semi–auto; Australian Automatic Arms SAR type semi–auto; Auto–Ordnance Thompson M1 and 1927 semi–automatics;

Manufacturers B-C: Barrett light .50 cal. semi–auto; Beretta AR70 type semi–auto; Bushmaster semiautomatic pistol; Bushmaster semi–auto rifle; Calico models M–100 and M–900; CIS SR 88 type semi–auto;Claridge HI TEC C–9 carbines; Claridge HI–TEC semiautomatic pistol; Colt AR–15, CAR–15, and all imitations except Colt AR–15 Sporter H–BAR rifle;

Manufacturers D-F: D Max Industries semiautomatic pistol; Daewoo MAX 1 and MAX 2, aka AR 100, 110C, K–1, and K–2; Dragunov Chinese made semi–auto; Encom MK–IV, MP–9, or MP–45 semiautomatic pistol; Famas semi–auto (.223 caliber); Feather AT–9 semi–auto;FN LAR and FN FAL assault rifle; FNC semi–auto type carbine; F.I.E./Franchi LAW 12 and SPAS 12 assault shotgun; Steyr–AUG–SA semi–auto;

Manufacturers G-I: Galil models AR and ARM semi–auto; Heckler and Koch HK–91 A3, HK–93 A2, HK–94 A2 and A3; Heckler and Koch semiautomatic SP–89 pistol; Holmes model 88 shotgun;Holmes MP–83 semiautomatic pistol; Ingram MAC 10/11 semiautomatic pistol and variations including Partisan Avenger and the SWD Cobray; Intratec TEC–9/DC–9 semiautomatic pistol in any centerfire variation;

Manufacturers K-R: Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format; Manchester Arms “Commando” MK–45, MK–9; Mandell TAC–1 semi–auto carbine; Mossberg model 500 Bullpup assault shotgun; Sterling Mark 6; P.A.W.S. carbine; P.A.W.S. type semiautomatic pistol; Ruger mini–14 folding stock model (.223 caliber);

Manufacturers S: SIG 550/551 assault rifle (.223 caliber); SKS with detachable magazine; Skorpion semiautomatic pistol; Spectre double action semiautomatic pistol (Sile, F.I.E., Mitchell); AP–74 Commando type semi–auto; Springfield Armory BM–59, SAR–48, G3, SAR–3, M–21 sniper rifle, M1A, excluding the M1 Garand; Street sweeper assault type shotgun; Striker 12 assault shotgun in all formats;

Manufacturers U-W: Unique F11 semi–auto type; Daewoo USAS 12 semi–auto shotgun; UZI 9mm carbine or rifle; UZI semiautomatic pistol; Valmet M–76 and M–78 semi–auto; Weaver Arms “Nighthawk” semi–auto carbine; Weaver Arms semiautomatic Nighthawk pistol; Wilkinson Arms 9mm semi–auto “Terry”; and Wilkinson semiautomatic “Linda” pistol.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/17/miller-here-are-81-specific-gun-models-banned-mary/#ixzz3IKlzPGPU
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top