Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2014 12:01:51 PM EDT
I'm getting married in September. Were both from Maryland and will be honeymooning in ocean city for a week.

We'll be staying in a condo around 23 street and I'm wondering what you guys can suggest for good eats.

All suggestions welcome. my main objective is crabs and seafood in general. Price isn't really a concern, so suggest away

Also if you guys know any good Thai food places, that would be great too.

Lastly, any fun activities you can suggest I besides the normal mini golf and arcades?

Thanks all.

Update

Alright alright, first night in we stopped at Phillips for something easy and quick. The wife had lobster bisque and stuffed mushrooms and I had cream of crab and mussels in white wine. The soups were good, mussels were real small and the low point of that meal. Stuffed mushrooms were good.

Breakfast had us at Sahara Cafe. I had fire on the mountain which was spicy tomstoes and peppers on top of eggs on top of hash browns. Awesome stuff. Also had a Belgian waffle which was excellent. Lady had cream chipped beef which was good.

Next meal out saw us at blu, which is connected to Embers. I had swordfish and she had crab imperial stuffed shrimp. Her dish won by a long shot. We also had crab dip which was excellent.

Next meal was a dozen crabs from Higgins and half a dozen ears of corn. Crabs were awesome and heavy for $65/dozen and delicious!

Following night we ate at Harrison harbor watch. Behind the crabs this was the best meal of the trip. I started with an order of mussels which were large, tasty and tender and an oyster shooter. She had coconut shrimp which was well enjoyed. Main course for me was the two crab cakes which were some of the best I've had and she had a seafood au gratin which was scallops crab and shrimp in a cheesy sauce. Fantastic. For dessert we shot across the bridge to shark on the harbor for some creme brûlée.

We had a couple other small meals in between, but these were the big ones. Many thanks to all the suggestions. were here one more night and may try to try one more spot but we're pretty content.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I was never actually all that impressed with too many places in OC for food.

That said, I would look at Fagers Island for higher middle end food. They arent bad at all.

I would also look at Anthonies. I've always enjoyed their subs.

I would also look into a daytrip to Assateuge Island (SP?). The beaches there arent crowded at all, super clean and they have the wild horses running around on the beach.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That said, I would look at Fagers Island for higher middle end food. They arent bad at all.

I would also look into a daytrip to Assateuge Island (SP?). The beaches there arent crowded at all, super clean and they have the wild horses running around on the beach.
View Quote

Thanks.

Doesn't need to high end either. Just tasty. I want crabs and crab cakes and soft shell crabs and shrimp.

I know that may be more difficult in September but I don't mind.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks.

Doesn't need to high end either. Just tasty. I want crabs and crab cakes and soft shell crabs and shrimp.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Higgins.

Go to the Sahara cafe for breakfast.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Real Thai restaurant on the Shore? Nope, not that I have found, yes some places have some good Thai dishes but not a straight Thai place.

Look up Blue Fish in the 94th St shopping center (bayside right hand side off 94th) you can't miss it.
http://www.bluefishoc.com  Best sushi on the Island. Only place that "might" be better is their place in Salisbury (different menu)
http://www.hunanpalacesalisbury.com/

The best restaurant if it's you an a date, http://www.ocfrescos.com  Not cheap! But was worth five times the price for me

Problem with OC an many tourist traps are many restaurant just reheat Sysco stuff. It's real fun making a delivery an seeing frozen stuff being sold as fresh.

Seafood, depends on what part of Sep. your in OC. Go to Martins in West OC. Yes, the fish co. has a restaurant. Watermans is great also.

Good luck!

Fun stuff? It's your honeymoon!  Other then that pick up a tourist booklet. You can take surfing lessons, fly in a biplane, helicopter, boat rides (dinner tours) and tons of other stuff.
http://ococean.com/
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Harpoon Hannas, on the border in Fenwick is good for seafood, and Daytons chicken on the boardwalk has great chicken, and an incredible soft shell sandwich.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:07:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Harpoon Hannas, on the border in Fenwick is good for seafood, and Daytons chicken on the boardwalk has great chicken, and an incredible soft shell sandwich.
View Quote

Will try the softshell crab. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Avoid Fager's Island crab cakes, they use fish. frauds.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g41298-d391389-Reviews-Coins_Pub_Restaurant-Ocean_City_Maryland.html

Coins has excellent crab imperial, crab cakes and soft crabs
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Also another vote for the Sahara Cafe for breakfast.

We were at OC from July 5th through the 9th and we ate at Embers which is an all you can eat. It is not the best/high dollar seafood and it is not the worst, but more of an in between. Phillips Menu looks good and my wife has eaten there in the past and loved it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Been eating in OC since 1983. Go eat at the Crab Bag up near 131st.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Will sure be checking out Sahara, frescos, and crab bag.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#12]
If you guys are interested in good Italian food - check out Lombardi's its on the end of a small strip mall right off 93rd/94th street.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#13]
The shark in OC West
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:33:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you guys are interested in good Italian food - check out Lombardi's its on the end of a small strip mall right off 93rd/94th street.
View Quote

Checked it out online. This is going to be so awesome all the food is 1/2 the price of what you'd get in jackson.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Sitting in the Sahara cafe right now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#16]
If you're in town Friday, you might want to try The Crabcake Factory on Route 54.  The music is very good, and food as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Will sure be checking out Sahara, frescos, and crab bag.
View Quote

Tequila Mockingbird on 130th st .  Try the Big Juan or the Senor Murph

.  The fish Tacos rock too.  Oh, and don't forget a Margarita!
and Abby Burger on 127th.  The ostrich burger was awesome, but get the Crab tots, tater tots with crab dip on them.  To die for.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#18]
They still have the Mug n mallet?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#19]
AAR in op.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top