Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2014 4:39:09 PM EDT
So I'm trying to piece together my precision upper.  I just need someone to slap it all together now.  I don't know if I need the gas block bedded, etc.  Anyway, anyone know of a good smith/armorer in the Waldorf/S. PG area?  I guess I can send it to Engage if I have to, but I'd rather have it done locally.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:20:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Neither have I.  Only thing I can think is they do it the way they do the barrel
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Bedded gas block?!?

I'd love to help, but this confuses the shit out of me. I've built several.. and i mean several uppers, and have never seen, nor heard of bedding a gas block.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bedded gas block?!?

I'd love to help, but this confuses the shit out of me. I've built several.. and i mean several uppers, and have never seen, nor heard of bedding a gas block.
View Quote

Agree.  Apparently it invloves Loctite....
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Look up Scotts gunsmithing, they're in glen burnie, but good people.  

Screw the loctite, line up the gas block, and let the carbon seal things up
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look up Scotts gunsmithing, they're in glen burnie, but good people.  

Screw the loctite, line up the gas block, and let the carbon seal things up
View Quote

I know all about Scotts.  They're just too far away and really backlogged. I may end up sending it to Engage or Bollinger's and have the GB pinned too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top