Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2014 6:46:21 PM EDT
I own an Ar-15, stag 15, model 8t.
I was rushed to buy this rifle, at that time I didn't
know much about ar-15. All I knew That day after Oct 1
last year, it's going to be hard to purchase ar-15.
Funny Thing Today  I went to Continental Arms to
check Ar-15's. They all have Hbars. Funny thing I held
smith and wesson ar-15, it was very lightweight. My stag 15 feels
heavier than smith and wesson.

So I asked can I sell my Stag 15 to the store? They replied No, cuz
they have to go out of state to sell the ar-15 . So I'm screwed. Also
I asked Can I purchase Whole complete  Ar-15 brand name like BCM, DANIEL DEFENSE
through this store? They said no. I can only purchase whatever they have in stock.
I learned that in this state you can't order lower receiver through a dealer.

So Is Smith and wesson or DPMS ar-15 good?  

Link Posted: 2/17/2014 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought piston rifles were ok/non-regulated?
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Things are still relatively shady with this....

A few weeks ago I talked with with a SMC Deputy and he said no.

A few days later I talked with State boy and he said yes.

Link Posted: 2/17/2014 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting...  
So My question is  can I change the barrel type to hbar and try to sell it to the gun store?
I spent like 1100 on stag 15. How much do you think I can get back?
lol Hopefully it won't be like gamestop, where you buy a game that is 60 and trade in value
would like 10 or 15.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]
FWIW,

I wouldn't recommend dealing with continental, they are always a couple hundred dollars high on guns, and generally pray on peoples ignorance to make a buck.  I'm sure even in legal configuration that would bend you over. while i do stop in there from time to time, i really think i do it for the entertainment as i have not once felt that anything they had was worth the premium.

best bet is to list it in the equipment exchange  and ship to a FFL,  you don't have to sell it in state.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
FWIW,

I wouldn't recommend dealing with continental, they are always a couple hundred dollars high on guns, and generally pray on peoples ignorance to make a buck.  I'm sure even in legal configuration that would bend you over. while i do stop in there from time to time, i really think i do it for the entertainment as i have not once felt that anything they had was worth the premium.

best bet is to list it in the equipment exchange  and ship to a FFL,  you don't have to sell it in state.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up man.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
You are not going to be able to buy a complete light weight setup in this state unless they reverse the laws.

I'd sell everything except the lower receiver and start the build from scratch if you want it to be lighter. Selling off the lower is going to screw you out of any type of light build.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, did you buy your Stag before Oct 1 last year?
If so, why not just change the upper to whatever you want and keep it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#10]
You have your advantages and disadvantages with this.  On one hand, by owning a legal, regulated AR-15, you can change out your upper and barrel to whatever you'd like.  Yes it will cost more money, but you can truly personalize your rifle build the way you want.  Or build an entirely new upper however you want (so long as federal regulations are met.  You get to ignore the new state regulations).  Those of us who purchased HBAR rifles after the ban wound up with slightly cheaper, unregulated rifles, but we cannot change the profile of the barrel.  While the barrels can be changed, they must constrain to the HBAR profile  That means no pencil, standard, bull or SPR profiles for us.

Also your gun shop CAN order new AR-15's into the state.  They simply have to be HBAR and 10rd magazines.  Sounds like your shop wants you to buy rifles from THEM, rather than letting you buy rifles you want and just paying them a transfer fee.  Find a new dealer who will give you what you want and values customer support, not what makes them the most money.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All that matters is you can walk into a place like Atlantic Arms and in an hour walk out with a piston AR as long as you are not disapproved by MSP.  I was in there a few weeks ago and they said they had not had any problems selling these as unregulated either before or after SB281 went into effect.  This illustrates how ridiculous the law was and is.  To their credit the MSP have actually been interpreting the law quite narrowly.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Go to Duffys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top