Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 5:36:56 AM EDT
Just curious what security has look like at the fair the past few years. It's been a couple of years since I've gone and I would prefer to carry. Have they gotten to the point that they are wanding or patting everyone down yet?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I've gone the past 2 years without issue.  So unless they change something this year you should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
They'd have to hire a buttload of wanders to handle those crowds and lines would still back up like crazy...which is a good thing since I suspect the cost involved and general PITA factor would keep them from trying something like this.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been to the Fair in a number of years.  OK to carry?  I can't recall if it was posted or not but I remember there being a lot of back and forth on the legality, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't even look for signs. Entry was not an issue. They like to look through bags and packs, but that is it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The MN State fair is a public entity and can't legally limit lawful (P2C) carry on their campus.

I'm glad to see that those who have attended are not having any issues with carry.

The bag screening is troubling. It is claimed that they want fair goers to "feel" safe.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#6]
The bag look wasn't much. Opened the zipper, peeked in, squished the bag from the outside and moved on. Didn't actually stick her hand in the bag. It would fit right in with the idea that they want fair goers to "feel" safe.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
No issues with security wanding me or pat-downs for me on Monday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top