Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2017 9:01:21 AM EDT
I have been away from the cities for awhile but always liked St. Paul.  Walking around downtown at night I never felt unsafe or worried.  Rarely did I see a bum or panhandlers.

Last night was different.  From the moment I got off I 94 onto the downtown streets it was solid shitbags.  The very first block had 9 bums on it.  A couple was having a heated psychotic episode conversation while other bums looked on.

No matter where I went it was bum central.

Mears park was filled with homeless sleepers and hookers.

What happened St. Paul?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#1]
liberal "leadership"
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing? But, then again, I'm not afraid of poor people.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I lived in lowertown near Mears park for about 8 years. Moved out 4? years ago.  When I left it was still a very mellow, no drama, very few bums or shit bags. I think with the new Saints stadium and the light rail just brought all the shit in from other areas of st paul and minne.  It's a shame, the whole area was pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
More pan handlers in the last couple months, but last Friday was the Iron Maiden concert and the 'protest' over the Yanez verdict.  Those events changed who was in downtown.

AFAIK the prosecutor won't touch them unless they are cited for being in traffic or if they go hands on with someone.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe they moved one of the homeless shelter closer to the Xcel.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't hold yourself up too high and mighty. You're all just two or three bad decisions away from being just like them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't hold yourself up too high and mighty. You're all just two or three bad decisions away from being just like them.
View Quote
Speak for yourself.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well the Dorthy Day Center has always been just a bit up the street from the Xcel Center
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Or the RNC comes to town
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Or the RNC comes to town
Hah yeah that was a shit show.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Well the Dorthy Day Center has always been just a bit up the street from the Xcel Center
And they just built a bigger one: https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/01/12/higher-ground-shelter-opens
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Speak for yourself.
View Quote
Everyone says "It could never happen to me" until it does happen to you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hah yeah that was a shit show.

And they just built a bigger one: https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/01/12/higher-ground-shelter-opens
View Quote
wow, thats a huge shelter. Yea that will bring a lot more homeless into an area
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's complete and utter bullshit.

I've been homeless, but I never lived in the street.  I lived out of my car, worked construction til I got back on my feet.  

The shitbag homeless that inhabit cities and beg for existence are a blight that shitty governments allow to exist.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I sure hope there's something productive planned here, rather than just a bunch of pre-packaged bitching about the city and the homeless.
View Quote
What would you suggest?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
, but last Friday was the Iron Maiden concert 
View Quote
??? They still exist?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#18]
There will always be panhandlers in urban areas.  As long as they're not aggressive the cops will leave them alone.  

As far as annoying beggars, vagrants, and general gypsy-like activity goes, most people have no clue how good we all have it here in the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top