Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2017 4:50:44 PM EDT
Never been to Minnesota what should I expect?  Going to the Mayo Clinic for 4 days for my daughter for some testing.  They've sent us a detailed list of daily testing/visits 0730-1530 for our clinical visit.  We will be there the first week in June.  Anything I should avoid or be aware of when traveling the area?  We are driving in from Oklahoma, would like to fly but not a good option for us.  Wife has her CCW permit anything she should be aware of with difference in state laws? Oklahoma has a lot of gray area but is also pretty harsh on CCW holders if you violate any laws.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if you do wind up flying into MSP, I suggest that you rent a car & drive US 52 down to Rochester.  It's a pretty drive & a real easy 4 lane & you'll probably get to Rochester faster than if you flew into their airport in Stewartville from MSP.  It'll take a short hour to drive it.

If you have some free time there are a lot of beautiful hills east & south of Rochester & it's nice driving but maybe a little twisty compared to what you're used to.  The Mississippi River is about 1/2 hour east of Rochester & it would be a nice drive to make a loop out of Rochester on 52 to I90 east bound almost to La Crosse WI & then take Hwy 61 north a ways.  There are a lot of roads through the hills that will get you back to Rochester.

I don't know how the MN CCW laws compare to OK.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Minnesota does not honor OK permits.
SE corner of the state is beautiful, with lots of hills and winding roads.
There is the eagle center in Wabasha that is a good place to spend an afternoon.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Well a bit late to spot this before your trip,  I hope you and the family enjoyed your time and more importantly I hope things are well with your daughter.

If you end up back in the neighborhood shoot me an email before hand.  I am also curious how your trip went and what you liked or seen and what you did not care for, if any.

Best wishes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top