Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2017 7:06:32 PM EDT
Thinking of buying one of their products but I've never heard of them before, and they seem like a small shop.  NO Google business info.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I talked to the guy at the table at Bill's a couple of weeks ago & he seemed like a good guy but I haven't done any business with them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]
They wanted $350 to cut, thread and re-crown my Remington 700P.

I laughed and then sent my barreled action to Adco.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They wanted $350 to cut, thread and re-crown my Remington 700P.

I laughed and then sent my barreled action to Adco.
View Quote
What did adco charge?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What did adco charge?
View Quote
I don't recall exactly but I want to say it was somewhere around $130 for that particular job. (I sent them three barrels for work at the same time and can't find the receipt to verify).
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#5]
well...maybe no news is good news?

Except that their prices seemed high when looking at their very basic website--now confirmed by the $350 chop/thread story.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Adco has always been the gold standard for barrel cutting/crown work.  A year ago, I sent them a barrel on Friday and had it back the next Thursday.

I'm thinking of having my 700PSS cut/threaded as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Adco has always been the gold standard for barrel cutting/crown work.  A year ago, I sent them a barrel on Friday and had it back the next Thursday.

I'm thinking of having my 700PSS cut/threaded as well.
View Quote
Yep, they did great work for me. Shortened it to 20", threaded and installed my supplied Omega brake. Now it's just slightly longer than the original 26" barrel while suppressed and it shoots about 3/4 MOA, (same as before) with almost zero perceptible shift when putting on the suppressor. I couldn't be happier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top