Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2017 4:41:45 PM EDT
I'm currently using Schreyer Weapons Systems out of St. Paul as my dealer for a purchase from Silencer Shop. But as of early fall last year I haven't been able to get into contact with them. Anyone know why they're not responding? I talked with Silencer Shop and they mentioned Jordan, the owner, was out of the country for some time. I figured you guys on here would know more. SWS is a pretty popular place so I figured we'd have at least some regulars on here.
Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven't they been up in Blaine for quite a while?
View Quote

Not sure. My issue is that they aren't responding to calls or emails. They still update their instagram but I can't message them on there
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they have a store? Are you close enough that you can drop in and see what the deal is?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#4]
They did engraving for me last spring.  They're in an unmarked building in an out of the way place in Blaine.  They weren't very responsive to emails most of the time, and mostly seemed to be in the office in the evening.  They also have a Facebook page.

It does concern me with transfers taking 6 months now, what happens if your dealer closes up shop in the middle of it?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:03:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They did engraving for me last spring.  They're in an unmarked building in an out of the way place in Blaine.  They weren't very responsive to emails most of the time, and mostly seemed to be in the office in the evening.  They also have a Facebook page.

It does concern me with transfers taking 6 months now, what happens if your dealer closes up shop in the middle of it?
View Quote

I'm thinking I'll head out there today. I live relatively close by. Here's hoping someone is there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you're waiting on an F3, the transferor would contact NFA branch with a form amendment reflecting the new transferee.  Not sure what the procedure would be on an F4, but probably a transfer to another dealer and a similar form amendment.
View Quote
Right, but many times when a company goes out of business, the assets (ie, store inventory) are seized by creditors.  Since your item is in the store, it's considered an asset, now you get to stand in line with everyone else while the assets are sold off and you collect .10/dollar?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Right, but many times when a company goes out of business, the assets (ie, store inventory) are seized by creditors.  Since your item is in the store, it's considered an asset, now you get to stand in line with everyone else while the assets are sold off and you collect .10/dollar?
View Quote

There have been several threads about this type of thing in the NFA section. Generally, if you contact the ATF asap when the FFL you are using goes out of business, they will either expedite the transfer, move the transfer to another dealer and expedite it, or seize the property and let you transfer it directly from them. Also remember, the business can file for bankruptcy, while still legally existing and having a valid FFL that they can use to complete the transaction. In the event that the bank decided that they wanted to try to seize your property, you should have a receipt proving ownership. They couldn't legally take something that doesn't belong to the borrower. I also highly doubt that a bank wants anything to do with dealing with NFA items. Techincally, the bank taking the item without a transfer approved by the ATF would be no more legal than if you were to take the item home without an ATF approval.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#10]
You should be able to find shreyer weapon systems on Facebook.

Last I checked in with him for a little custom work, it turns out he moved further north. He was like 75-90 miles away from me in Inver grove heights ( south metro ) if I remember right
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
here
View Quote

Thanks! He finally replied to my email the day after I posted this thread
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I texted him last week, if that link doesn't work shoot me a PM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top