Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2017 7:29:31 AM EDT
Hello,
I'm sure more than a couple of us in MN have been seeing the emails about "Dangerous ID" and why certain supposed gun rights groups are against it. I only did a little research but I think it told me all I needed to know.

I live in a well to do area, have a truly Republican representative, etc. She and the other state house Republicans are trying to pass Real ID in MN. I think they did as well. She said there were a couple state senate democrats refusing to support it unless ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS were added so they could get the ID and drivers licenses.....

So I looked at who else is fighting Real ID....

Looks like Real ID came out of the mid 2000's in an effort to reign in illegal immigration and help prevent terrorism by making it hard/impossible for non-citizens to move about freely with various state ID's.

This LAST PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION it came out that it's stupid easy to get state ID's enough for illegals to VOTE in NY and CA. That's just sad.

It also turns out the states fighting it or that have gotten extensions from implementing Real ID are ones like CA, NY, and many other bad ones. The ones where it's already in use is many of us 'flyover states' that don't have liberal politicians trying to protect illegals from any and all immigration laws.

So, now I'm of the opinion that YES, we need Real ID in MN. The one or two pro gun groups say it's bad, that it'll be used to track gun ownership. It might be POSSIBLE, but not if we keep non-citizens from voting and not losing presidential elections through fraud. Not having Real ID didn't help us fight Obama for eight years, and I'd rather bring rule of law back into this country.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you should visit Infowars less often.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you should visit Infowars less often.
View Quote

I have not heard about this even once on info wars.

You can thank National Association For Gun Rights and even our own Minnesota Gun Rights.

I bet you didn't even read the OP at all...
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
NAGR strikes again

It's almost like people don't bother to research anymore.

NAGR is a front. What they do is they take your money, obfuscate and throw up road blocks with it AGAINST ACTUAL GUN RIGHTS SUPPORTERS, and then spend the rest on their own shit. THEY ARE NOT A GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION. They are a for profit thieving organization who does literally nothing for 2a issues.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/05/dudley-browns-despicable-deception/
https://www.facebook.com/The-Truth-About-the-National-Association-for-Gun-Rights-NAGR-325633370820160
in this one, they're shilling!
Read this thread, right here on arfcom. All of it.

Spend 120 seconds with google. That's all it takes. Not sure what to search for? "NAGR scam" "dudley brown scam" ...you get the idea. mix and match from there.

Edit - I don't mean to come across as mean as it came across The problem is people look at NAGR, don't check it, assume it's good, and then parrot their very wrong and damaging assertions and send them money. They are shit. They literally do more damage to the cause than they do good (which is none). I think the only reason they haven't been sued out of existence is because there's no evidence of explicit wrongdoing...because they literally do nothing. You can't have evidence if you don't do anything.

Please, do yourself and all your rights a favor - stay away from Dudley Moore and NAGR. If you come over with an overwhelming need to send them money, set it on fire instead. You'll get more instant and long-term satisfaction of having heated your hands for a brief moment in time, and having the memory of doing it. That's more than you'll ever get from NAGR.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Ight, regarding NAGR... they are legit. Just not a great group for gun rights. They turn on anyone who isn't a 'constitutional carry or death!' type groups. They've done SOME good I know. Not sure how much bad they've really done. They are sort of an attempt at being the GOA, but even more 'uncomprimising'.

In an age not too long ago, the NRA was famous for giving up rights when they felt it was OK. An organization of hunters mostly.

The NRA has come a long ways since the first AWB and the import bans.

The group I'm talking about in the Minnesota Gun Owners group.

And do you have ANY info on Real ID????

I'm still trying to get people's info and thoughts on implementing the Real ID Act.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Everything you just said about NAGR is factually and demonstrably incorrect. Please read the links I posted. They actively campaigned AGAINST the Colorado recall movement for a kickoff!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, and All you want to know about RealID.

Not that I agree with CATO about everything (or even most things), but I think they're right on with this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#8]
NAGR ran ads that likely helped a lot to get a long time anti-gun liberal who didn't think it was possible, voted out.

That's factual.

In 2013, it was fighting most everything anti-gunners were trying to do. It organized members, made them aware, and go them contacting people.

Now if they failed Colorado specifically on a couple things, whatever, and honestly fuck Colorado.

They recalled a politician. But do they have their magazine rights back? Or are they all too stoned to care now?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's an email I just got. Or are you people not part of this MN based supposed pro-gun group? No surprise....

Dear xxxxxx,                                                Wednesday Morning

Gun owners, we need your help.

Please read this email in its entirety and take the IMMEDIATE action laid out below!

Yesterday afternoon the Minnesota Senate Judiciary Committee had a public hearing on the "REAL ID" bill capitol insiders are trying to pass.

As we monitored the hearing, testifier after testifier brought forward major concerns that REAL ID will have long-term negative ramifications for gun owners.

In short, bringing Minnesota into "compliance" with REAL ID will usher in a new era of centralized government power via a centralized data hub in Virginia.

If passed, REAL ID or DANGEROUS ID will enable one man - the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security - to DECREE when and where DANGEROUS ID is required.

Under an anti-gun administration, guns and ammo purchases could easily be logged, routing all personal and firearm purchase information into the data hub in Virginia.

All with no congressional approval, no oversight committee... nothing.

Not only that, but the Secretary of DHS will be able expand the requirements for obtaining a DANGEROUS REAL ID.

Embedded computer chips, fingerprint scans, biometric or even optical scanners could all be required to obtain a DANGEROUS REAL ID, enabling the government to abuse the 2nd Amendment at will.

Long-term, it's outright federal commandeering of the state of Minnesota by the Federal Government and a full frontal assault on our State Sovereignty.

Every special interest group in the state had their high-powered lobbyists there to convince the committee members to sell gun owners down the river.

Some made false statements that if Minnesota doesn't pass REAL ID Minnesotans will no longer be able to fly through our airports!

But after copies of the Federal Register proving otherwise were passed around to everyone in the room, proponents of REAL ID were caught red-handed in an attempt to strong-arm the members into passing the bill through committee!

But Chance, the committee members need to hear from gun owners across the state if we're going to stop this thing, so I need you to act quickly.

TODAY at 1PM the Senate Judiciary Committee is going to vote on whether or not they'll pass DANGEROUS ID (SF166) on to the Senate for a full vote!

Just last week the Pennsylvania Legislature told the Federal Government to go pound sand over DANGEROUS ID.

And Missouri is now likely following suit.

It was made abundantly clear in yesterday's hearing that there is indeed a central government database being built - and that long term it'll be an anti-gun administration's tool to implement the worst gun-control in American history.

Most folks know what happens when gun owner data is centralized and cataloged.

Thankfully, DOZENS of pro-gun legislators are trying to stand up against this gun-grabbing scheme and fight, but they need to know gun owners have their backs!

This bill is slated to be voted on by the Senate Judiciary Committee TODAY at 1pm!

That’s why we need your immediate action to help STOP this dangerous legislation!

Please take a moment to call the members of the Senate Judiciary committee and tell them to vote NO on DANGEROUS ID, SF166!

Be polite, but always remember that a politician will say ANYTHING in order to get you to stop putting the pressure on them!

Please call them NOW:

Chairman Warren Limmer
Phone: 651-296-4922

Senator Dan Hall
Phone: 651-296-0415

Senator Bruce Anderson
Phone: 651-296-0769

Senator Bill Ingebrigtsen
Phone: 651-297-8063

Senator Mark Johnson
Phone: 651-296-5782

Senator Jerry Relph
Phone: 651-296-6455

Senator Ron Latz
Phone: 651-297-8065

Senator Dan Schoen
Phone: 651-297-8060

Senator Sandy Pappas
Phone: 651-296-1802

When you're done, please forward this message on to your friends and family members and ask them to do the same!

The Senate Judiciary committee vote on this bill is going to happen TODAY at 1pm.

There is no time to spare - we need EVERY Minnesota gun owner to stand up in opposition to this bill.

We all stopped Bloomberg's Universal Gun Registration last year.

Please take IMMEDIATE action to help stop Dangerous REAL ID too.

For Freedom,

Christopher Dorr
Executive Director
Minnesota Gun Rights

P.S. TODAY at 1pm the Senate Judiciary Committee is going to vote on passing SF166, the DANGEROUS REAL ID!

With huge negative ramifications for gun owners, we need the Senate Judiciary Committee to hold firm and STOP this back-door gun-control scheme in its tracks.

Please take a moment right away to call the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and tell them to vote NO on DANGEROUS REAL ID!

Please don't wait until this afternoon - this vote is happening at 1pm.

Chairman Warren Limmer
Phone: 651-296-4922

Senator Dan Hall
Phone: 651-296-0415

Senator Bruce Anderson
Phone: 651-296-0769

Senator Bill Ingebrigtsen
Phone: 651-297-8063

Senator Mark Johnson
Phone: 651-296-5782

Senator Jerry Relph
Phone: 651-296-6455

Senator Ron Latz
Phone: 651-297-8065

Senator Dan Schoen
Phone: 651-297-8060

Senator Sandy Pappas
Phone: 651-296-1802

When you're done, please forward this message to all of your friends and ask them to do the same!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh, and All you want to know about RealID.

Not that I agree with CATO about everything (or even most things), but I think they're right on with this.
View Quote

I don't think you read your own links.

The article said the groups attacks pro gun groups and politicians. I told you when/why they do it. Never said they were right or wrong on it, but I leaned towards wrong.

Great, a GIANT 'analysis' on Real ID. I'll get right to reading the whole thing. It's clear that once I read it all, like you hint you have, I'd be able to even give a short opinion on whether I like Real ID or not.....

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
NAGR ran ads that likely helped a lot to get a long time anti-gun liberal who didn't think it was possible, voted out.

That's factual.

In 2013, it was fighting most everything anti-gunners were trying to do. It organized members, made them aware, and go them contacting people.

Now if they failed Colorado specifically on a couple things, whatever, and honestly fuck Colorado.

They recalled a politician. But do they have their magazine rights back? Or are they all too stoned to care now?
View Quote

Firstly: The above is why you fail. No, they didn't organize shit. If you had read any of the threads I had pasted...you'd find they took money and then fucked off with it. And Fuck Colorado? No, I don't think so.

Secondly, about the rest: <facepalm>

You're making my point for me...
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If this thread is actually for some sort of discussion, then discuss.  If you're just trying to stir shit, take it elsewhere.
View Quote

Troll, go away.

If you can't answer my question, then LEAVE.

You have no idea what this thread is even about.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Firstly: The above is why you fail. No, they didn't organize shit. If you had read any of the threads I had pasted...you'd find they took money and then fucked off with it. And Fuck Colorado? No, I don't think so.

Secondly, about the rest: <facepalm>

You're making my point for me...
View Quote

Everything that you've posted so far has been lies and misinformation. You've failed so bad at being a troll that it's sad. You should stay in your mom's basement, with your foil hat.

^ This is the kind of stupid shit you keep saying. Generic insults, stating something is wrong or fail, or making your point for you.

If you have zero information, stop trolling this thread. This thread is about REAL ID, which I don't think you've ever even heard of at this point...
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread is done, and NAGR should be avoided like the plague by any true gun owner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top