Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2016 11:35:09 AM EDT
no, not moving there...

Wife likes (liked) Prince.  was thinking getting the tour for her for xmas.

kinda considered staying over there --probably near Eden Prairie center.  Was wondering if there is anything to do near the mall area.  By "do" I mean eat/drink till late evening.

I didn't see much in Chanhassen; and Eden Prairie looked like a mall and typical Chilies and crap like that

Is there any areas near there with a "downtown" / bar area?

Worst case we do the tour, and head up to downtown Murderapolis and wander

Thanks

Cleat
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no downtown EP.  Sort of like no downtown Bloomington

There is Wildfire at EPC, and new place opening soon next to it by Barnes and Noble
Redstone a few blocks northwest of EPC closer to Gander Mountain
Jakes next to Wally World a few blocks west of EPC
Green Mill across the street sort of from Wally World
Good burgers at Lions Tap but that is up the way from EPC

Chanhassen
There is Applebees
Houliahans across HWY 5 from Applebees
Axels sort of across the street from Chanhassen Dinner Theater
Chanhassen Dinner Theater

Not far from EPC at Shady Oak and Crosstown is Jimmys
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
One of my good friends lives in Chanhassen, so I visit him every so often. Highway 5 and the area around it is the "downtown" of sorts in it's area. Houlihan's or Chuckwagon Charlie's are pretty good for food and drinks in Chanhassen. I'd just go to Paisley and then head back into Minneapolis (or St. Paul). Stock and Barrel (a new range) just opened in Chanhassen/Eden Prairie by the border of the cities so maybe you can burn sometime there.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Chuckwagon Charles is a rip if you ask me.

I live in Chanhassen. About 5 miles from Paisley Park actually.

There isn't a whole hell of a lot out here as far as attractions go. You're better off in downtown Minneapolis. FWIW, I've never felt unsafe downtown. Maybe it's just me.

Excelsior is just a few miles north, maybe a 15 minute drive from Princes place. There is a few good restaurants right along the lake.
The Suburban. All sorts of burgers and pizza.
Jake O'Connors Public House. Damn good food.
Excelsior Brewery. Gooooooooooood beer. You can have them order a pizza, but other than that, no food there. Just beer.
Haskells. Nothing extraordinary, it's a bar with your average bar food.

Those 4 places are all within 3 blocks of each other.

Just around the corner from the previous four is Bayview and Maynards. Both are great but definitely geared to the summer crowd. They both have outside patios right on the lake. Both are great places to drink on a cool summer night.
Adeles Frozen Custard is amazing and just down the street from Bayview.

EDIT
If you are here in the summer and like cars, you can go here after you tour, http://www.mncandc.com/ It's just a few miles south of Paisley Park.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info!!

am leaning toward mpls...maybe hit Ruths Chris for dinner and wander the streets in block E area.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't recommend wandering around that area after dark. Lots of street urchins and general bullshit. Walk with purpose between destinations, carry the biggest blaster you can conceal, an extra mag and a bright light, and remember that the answer to everything on the street is a firm NO. I hate Minneapolis, but there is some fun stuff there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks for the info!!

am leaning toward mpls...maybe hit Ruths Chris for dinner and wander the streets in block E area.
View Quote

RC has good steak.  Fogo De Chao is another good place to go for those with varied tastes in animal.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

RC has good steak.  Fogo De Chao is another good place to go for those with varied tastes in animal.
View Quote

I agree - Fogo De Chao is good!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top