Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2016 12:29:15 AM EDT
Well I have a new flintlock rifle on the way (should be here tomorrow) and i now find my self in need of some black powder for it.
I've been using the Pyrodex P for years in my cap and ball gun but from everything I have heard most flintlocks dont reliably ignite with the substitutes.

Anyone know where I can get some black powder around the cities? I know track of the wolf carries it but their minum mail order is 25 cans and to do in store pick up I would have to take off work.

Thanks all
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Call the Frontiersman in St. Louis Park?
Try Goose Mountain
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call the Frontiersman in St. Louis Park?
Try Goose Mountain
View Quote

Dont think I've heard of frontiersman beofre, according to google maps they are a  little bit of a haul for me but if I go on a saturday it could be doable.
I'm guessing you are referring to gander mountain? Checked there, they dont carry black powder, just the substitutes (at least according to their website)
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Gunstop might. They have a ton of reloading stuff.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gunstop might. They have a ton of reloading stuff.
View Quote

good call, I'll check with them today.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Went to Gunstops website. Does not appear that they carry black powder

Saw this though, WTF??

Gunstop Reloading Supplies, Inc. does not deal in firearms or provide FFL transfer services at this time
View Quote

Anyone know whats going on with this?
Did they lose their FFL?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Gunstop Reloading Supplies Inc (Reloading Supplies, Components, and Equipment)
and
Gunstop of Minnetonka Inc (Guns, Ammo, Optics, and Accessories)

Howard Hall and John Walton were the founding people, and Palmer Raysnor (gunsmith) was with them at the start.  Palmer moved out to St. Boni, and it was then just Howard and John out in Excelsior. There are two different businesses under the same roof.  Many people do not know that.  They moved from Excelsior to Glen Lake area of Minnetonka in 2003 and then down the road in December of 2006.  Howard died in the summer in 2007.  Larry ran the gun business for Howard's widow until the fall of 2012. Howard's widow ceased business operations and sent the inventory to auction.  In December of 2012, Larry opened up the gun side again and has been together with John.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top