Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2016 6:51:57 PM EDT
I noticed this is a MN company...From Alexandria of course.  Apparently they make ARs and AR parts.  Anyone know anything about them?  Decent quality?
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
actually its Alexandria pro firearm, pro fab is the machine shop on the same peace of property. pro fab makes gun parts for a few different manufacturers is my understanding. i just got one of their 300 blk out uppers the other day and it seems very nice so far.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in Alexandria and stop there ( Alex pro firearms) time to time.  Guys there have been super friendly to me.  I only bought a charging handle from them but there rifles in store look really nice.  Handling one of their ar pistols was the impetus to build mine.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in Wendell, MN and recently went to Alex Pro Firearms and purchased two of their AR15 stripped lower receivers. Receivers are very nice, assembled one of them into a rifle and it went together with no problems. They also give a 10 percent discount to military, veterans, police, and firefighters.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've worked with a bit of their stuff.  Average.  The quality of their .308 BCGs is subpar, IMO, but the rest of their products seem to be adequate.
View Quote

Could you expound on what makes the BCG's sub-par.

Serious inquiry.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The local newspaper Echo Press, just ran an article yesterday on APF.   They received an order for two carbines from the local Sheriffs dept.  The owners of APF decided add 8 rifles to the order as a donation to the department.  10 rifles for cost of two,  pretty nice for a smaller Sheriffs dept to receive.    Douglas county had been still using 20" AR's  from fed surplus.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Their finished surfaces are on the rougher side; not to the point of being unusable or undesirable, but there are better-finished products out there.

I don't remember if they grind or burnish the carrier bore, but there was a fairly significant amount of bolt drag in the examples I had -- which may have been easily remedied by going to a ground gas ring, but with standard rings, the bolt travel felt gritty.  

I encountered a higher rate of headspace issues with their BCGs than others.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've worked with a bit of their stuff.  Average.  The quality of their .308 BCGs is subpar, IMO, but the rest of their products seem to be adequate.

Could you expound on what makes the BCG's sub-par.

Serious inquiry.

Their finished surfaces are on the rougher side; not to the point of being unusable or undesirable, but there are better-finished products out there.

I don't remember if they grind or burnish the carrier bore, but there was a fairly significant amount of bolt drag in the examples I had -- which may have been easily remedied by going to a ground gas ring, but with standard rings, the bolt travel felt gritty.  

I encountered a higher rate of headspace issues with their BCGs than others.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Alex Pro Fab guys, if you're reading this, ease up on drilling the hole for the bolt catch detent in your AR lowers.    It was too deep and I had to put a shim in the bottom of the hole to give the bolt catch detent spring a small enough space for it to work properly.

Also, please keep the minimalist text on the magwell.  It's hard to find a lower without a cartoon character of some sort engraved on it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:37:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Live about 45 mins from their building. Been there twice. Each time they have been more than helpful. Buddy just built an AR pistol and it looks pretty nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top