Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 11:51:03 AM EDT
Hello folks. Long time lurker, rare poster.

Unable to search "hometown".

I am on the east side of St.Paul. I have two trees that need to come down. both under 30 feet (i think). About 8-10" a the base. Neighbor wanted $100 each to remove. Anyone know if this is the right price?  I was thinking $50 each to take down ad haul away but I'm not sure.

I have old windows and doors in the garage which need to go too. Are these anything people want to restore or junk?

Also I have some 3" #8 12G target shells I cant use either.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds fair to me.

Or go buy a chainsaw and do it yourself.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]
If you can get someone to safely take down 2 trees and haul them away for $100 send me their number so i can hire them as a sub contractor
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you can get someone to safely take down 2 trees and haul them away for $100 send me their number so i can hire them as a sub contractor
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I spent about 1,300 just to trim about six tall trees.  

You pay more when the tree guy has insurance.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#5]
In the North metro I spent $1000 to trim 5 large trees that haven't been trimmed in 15-20 years plus remove a stump.  Tree guy later told me he underbid it, not realizing how bad the maple was.  He was bonded, licensed, and hauled everything away as well.

If you can get it done for 2 bills with no house damage go for it...
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
That might be the biggest bargain of your lifetime.  Jump on it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That might be the biggest bargain of your lifetime.  Jump on it.
View Quote

until you hear "ow!...my back!!!"

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys.

Kinda what I was hoping to hear. I'm just always scared of the "what if's". I'll see if I can get him out this year still.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.

Kinda what I was hoping to hear. I'm just always scared of the "what if's". I'll see if I can get him out this year still.
View Quote

If you're wondering about the "what ifs" (and it's not about being scared about them but realizing they can happen) then be careful.  When someone gets hurt on the job everyone immediately starts looking for the nearest insurance policy.  That might be your homeowner's policy.  This is how insurance scams and lawsuits that set the stage for a lifetime of disability payments get started.  

Obviously, taking trees down in the city is a whole different ballgame from taking a tree down in the forest.  I'm not sure how that price is possible given the equipment demands and costs of hauling them away, unless he's operating with no overhead, for minimal profit, and really interested in doing you a favor.  In other words, ask him how he can do it so cheap.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]
PM me on the 12 ga shells. never seen factory 3" 8 shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top