Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2016 11:50:32 AM EDT
Just a quick back story. I have been in and out of MN since 2009, mostly traveling to chase a career. I landed out in the Glencoe area for 5 years, and I'm now on the east side in Woodbury. Being out west of here was considerably different in that I could simply open my back doors and shoot in my back yard. But here in suburbia, I don't think that would fly to well. Anyway I'm itching to get some trigger therapy, and I've worked up some new to me loads I'm dying to try out. I have looked into a couple gun clubs, but either the wait is over a year, and/or I can't justify the cost. Are there any open range places, or even a club similar to Gopher out in Hutch? Or even public property or BLM land available nearby? I spent the majority of my life in Oregon where the woods were just a short drive and we could shoot wherever we wanted, so this is a bit of an adjustment to me still. Any pointers would be great! Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how far a distance you want, but Oakdale Gun Club has a 200 meter range.  Get on the OGC waiting list.  New members are always brought in early in the year.  In the meantime, they are open to the public for the next 2 months so you can use the facilities now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you look across the river?
Hudson Rod Gun and Archery Club
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Bill's has an indoor range in Hudson.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure how far a distance you want, but Oakdale Gun Club has a 200 meter range.  Get on the OGC waiting list.  New members are always brought in early in the year.  In the meantime, they are open to the public for the next 2 months so you can use the facilities now.
View Quote

Oh im only just down the street from the oakdale club. That's one I looked into, but the list was crazy. I didn't know it's open right now. Good tip, thanks!! I haven't looked east yet but I considered it. More good info. Much appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is where I shoot.

Nice little club. Don't fuck it up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Another recommendation for OGC here. 
Been a member out there for ~6 years and been shooting there for over 10.
Great club and we have a new trap range now too
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 2:53:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't fuck it up? Nice...
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't fuck it up? Nice...
View Quote

Sorry.

I had a few in me when I wrote that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]
So for those of us who are currently on the list for OGC, how long (estimated) is that list?  Five years?  One year?  I never asked.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh im only just down the street from the oakdale club. That's one I looked into, but the list was crazy. I didn't know it's open right now. Good tip, thanks!! I haven't looked east yet but I considered it. More good info. Much appreciated!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get on the list, now. The sooner you get on the list, the sooner you can get in the membership. Don't delay!

Quoted:
So for those of us who are currently on the list for OGC, how long (estimated) is that list?  Five years?  One year?  I never asked.

Hard to say. Someone has to leave for someone to be able to join. I got in the same year I got on the list.  But I think they increased the total membership by 250 people that year.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Get on the list, now. The sooner you get on the list, the sooner you can get in the membership. Don't delay!

Hard to say. Someone has to leave for someone to be able to join. I got in the same year I got on the list.  But I think they increased the total membership by 250 people that year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  I checked the website again and it said the waiting list may be 2-3 years.  Apparently they send an update email by March 1st every year letting you know if you made it that year or not.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#12]
That's one heck of a wait. Oh and groovy, no worries. It happens. Chances are i will be rubbing elbows with you there as soon as I get my nfa paperwork in order. That looks like a great range!
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait time?  lol...just come over and join.

that

they are doing more work on the ranges...definitely getting nicer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

that

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that

I was referring to the OGC waiting time. I'll definitely come check out Hudson! It's not far from me at all. I just need to get my 5320.20 back from the AnTi Fun people before I can cross the river. Can't wait!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I got in OGC the very next spring after I applied. My buddy, the same two years later. With the amount of people who don't do their range duty, there is usually a chunk of memberships available every year. Just apply, you might be surprised.

Also, in the words of groovyrascal

Quoted:

This is where I shoot.

Nice little club. Don't fuck it up.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top