Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy all it takes is cash.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone alse feeling artsy?

These guns are going to be given to the "Art is my Weapon" exhibit. They have a call for artists and will give you guns.

I think I have finally found my muse

Application form is here:

http://www.artismyweapon.org/Art_Is_My_Weapon_Application_Form.pdf

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The artists get them after they have been decommissioned?  Wonder how that will be done and by who?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Excuse me, I need to go to Menards and buy some plumbing parts...

Where is the address to get my Visa gift cards again?

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Group buy on 80% lowers? I'm sure they would pay at least $100 to get some "ghost" guns off the streets.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Better a couple chunks of plastic and say your 3 - D printing an 80% receiver or paraffin wax chunks?
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The artists get them after they have been decommissioned?  Wonder how that will be done and by who?
View Quote

Don't know, but I'm sure that a whole 15 people will see the coming masterpieces...
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Better a couple chunks of plastic and say your 3 - D printing an 80% receiver or paraffin wax chunks?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or just use my 3d printer and print some

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:41:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Cheap gun buying time?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#11]
If I were in the area, I have a few broken ones that are not worth fixing..

1) Turn in busted to shit guns that are not worth shit on the gun market..
2) get cash
3) Buy new gun/s
4) live happily ever after..

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:28:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
set up a table across the street that offers $5.00 more than what they are offering
View Quote

so whos all going
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone going to this? I am tempted to go but very limited on cash right now and from what I heard they pulled in 400 guns last time they did a gun buyback. With my limited resources unless we get a few other people to show up it will be pointless.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I got permission from the wife to bring $1k to go shopping
this after I have already gone WAY over my NFA budget for the year
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I envy you the wife just cut my budget said I had to save it for the Ren next month, means I have like 100 not sure it is worth coming out with that. Let me know how it goes I hope you get some good toys.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn! Got up a bit late and ran into a ton of traffic coming down.
Buy back guys out of money before noon! Hopefully I will snag a straggler or two before heading home.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad I stuck around! Got a couple good scores! Pix after I get home
Browning bl22 in great condition! Just needs a rear dovetail sight

Stevens 20ga double barrel. Looks new

And a Irving Johnson 12 GA break action. Still need to look up the numbers on it, but it can be worth $100-300.

It's a good thing all these dangerous thug guns are "off the street"
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Those are some nice finds, do you mind me asking how much you paid for each of them?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Those are some nice finds, do you mind me asking how much you paid for each of them?
View Quote

$100ea for the Browning and Stevens, $30 for the Irving johnson
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:17:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok J75, I have to ask how this all goes. My "that seems a little weird" sense goes off when I think of a guy standing on the sidewalk in front of a gun buyback asking to buy guns. I'm not picking on you. I just want to know how you make the approach and sale in case I want to try it some time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ok J75, I have to ask how this all goes. My "that seems a little weird" sense goes off when I think of a guy standing on the sidewalk in front of a gun buyback asking to buy guns. I'm not picking on you. I just want to know how you make the approach and sale in case I want to try it some time.
View Quote

first, for a normal, gun loving person, seeing people buying outside of a buyback just makes sense.
here is an aftermath photo from a buyback in another state. some sucker got $100 for several rifles in that pic that
are worth $700+. in addition those peices of history are going to be destroyed, gone forever. that should anger you.

and second, buy and large, people are very very....stupid. these events pull out several people trying to
dump grandpa's bringback rifle from WWII or (like another example yesterday) a break action revolver police revolver
that was the duty weapon of her late police caption husband. complete with the original duty holster.
it was not saved  several guys tried, I think I could have talked her out of it if I had gotten there sooner....

I just set up across the street with a sign saying I would buy guns.
dress nice, talk professional.
remember, these are people who CAME there to get ride of their guns for basically nothing to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

first, for a normal, gun loving person, seeing people buying outside of a buyback just makes sense.
here is an aftermath photo from a buyback in another state. some sucker got $100 for several rifles in that pic that
are worth $700+. in addition those peices of history are going to be destroyed, gone forever. that should anger you.
http://image.nj.com/home/njo-media/width960/img/bergen/photo/-c74085e9cbdc6bca.JPG
and second, buy and large, people are very very....stupid. these events pull out several people trying to
dump grandpa's bringback rifle from WWII or (like another example yesterday) a break action revolver police revolver
that was the duty weapon of her late police caption husband. complete with the original duty holster.
it was not saved  several guys tried, I think I could have talked her out of it if I had gotten there sooner....

remember, these are people who CAME there to get ride of their guns for basically nothing to begin with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://image.nj.com/home/njo-media/width960/img/bergen/photo/-c74085e9cbdc6bca.JPG

Ok. I can go along with all of that. Was it more than just you set up buying guns? Do you set up on the sidewalk, or just hang a sign on your car and sit in it waiting? Maybe doing this is more common than I would think. Do you ever get harassed by the people conducting the buy back?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ok. I can go along with all of that. Was it more than just you set up buying guns? Do you set up on the sidewalk, or just hang a sign on your car and sit in it waiting? Maybe doing this is more common than I would think. Do you ever get harassed by the people conducting the buy back?
View Quote

Well, this is the first one I have ever been to, (last one was many years ago)I set up with a sign on my car and just stood by it, no need to be pushy. The official buyback had just closed when I got there. Talking to the other buyers, it sounded like the only guy that got in trouble with the event people was wearing a sign and actively badgering people AT the fire station (buy back location). He was told to leave by the cops.  Several people cruized up and down the lines buying without being hassled because they were not overly pushy (no means no).
as long as you are not on private property there isn't much the organizers could do about you.

A buy back in MN is a rare thing, but in other states that hold them all the time there seem to always be private buyers there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Alright,,,,,,, Screen name,

fess up,

which one of you rabble rousers did it?

Clicky
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

fess up,

http://s1.freebeacon.com/up/2016/08/minn-gun-1.png

Clicky
View Quote

Yes and please explain how you fire it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fess up,

Clicky

Not mine, but it is a slam fire shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fess up,

Clicky

Oh, I now see that it has a different size pipe. I thought it was only one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top