Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2016 9:33:25 AM EDT
Hey folks, I'll be in Minneapolis next Wednesday the 10th through Sunday the 14th for work. I'll be at the Hilton downtown and the convention center. Any good recommendations for places to eat or drink? Looking for something within walking distance of either but a short Uber ride isn't out of the question either.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It has been a while since I have eaten downtown, but from what I remember there a lot of good places around the hotel.  Manny's Steakhouse is close to the Hilton but it is expensive. I am not sure about the convention center.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Anytime im in that area I hit Mannys for sure.  I stopped in at Great Waters brew pub last fall.  I don't recall what I had but it was pretty decent food and great beer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I know it is a chain but I've had great service at Ruth's Chris which is half a block north of your hotel, heard good things about Manny's too just haven't been there yet (thats another block or two north).

Hell's Kitchen has great Bloody Marys and good breakfast/brunch food.

I've heard great things about Butcher and the Boar but haven't been there yet.  The Google Maps short description says "meat-centric American grill with a patio"
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Ruth's Chris is great too.  I was with a bigger party at Butcher and the Boar.  It was damn good food too but instead of ordering a meal, they ordered several platters to pass around.  Food was great but a few in the group missed having a "meal" in front of them.  Not sure if that's typical or just how the leader of our group did it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ruth's Chris is great too.  I was with a bigger party at Butcher and the Boar.  It was damn good food too but instead of ordering a meal, they ordered several platters to pass around.  Food was great but a few in the group missed having a "meal" in front of them.  Not sure if that's typical or just how the leader of our group did it.
View Quote

It's hard to share a chunk of meat, IMO.  Whenever I'm at Butcher and the Boar I like to get my own serving and share appetizers or veggie dishes (you know, the stuff that doesn't matter) with others.  The bourbon flights are a lot of fun, but can lead to too much fun.  

The various North Loop restaurants are good for checking out the scenery  Check out Black Sheep Pizza or Bar La Grassa.  Bar La Grassa fills up fast and is full up hipsters and pretentious foodies but the food is worth it.    

For more of a hipster-free environment, Murray's on 6th Street has great steak.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Never had bad food at Hell's Kitchen. Just a short walk from the Convention Center

80 S. 9th St.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info guys.

The guy I'm going with is pretty much a "drink Miller Lite until I pass out" good ol' boy from Georgia. Probably the simpler the better for this trip.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Butcher and the boar is what I would have recommended but I've been beaten to it.

Oceanaire is good for seafood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top