Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2016 7:56:07 PM EDT
Does anybody know a smith in the area that knows his way around HK pistols? I want to get some sights installed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I did my own on my USP. Borrowed a brass drift from a friend. It was pretty easy. Good luck with your search.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there anything particularly unique or difficult about HK sights? I'd think they could take care of that for you at Bill's South no problem.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I've read it depends on the particular sights that you want to install. I have some nylon punches at home and I could probably just do it myself, but I was dumb enough to read too many posts about it and now I'm paranoid about marking up my slide or just taking it to just anyone to have it done. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that I'm worrying about it too much.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Nylon or delrin punches aren't going to mar anything. Any sight pusher can do the job too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#5]
If nylon is damaging your slide finish, you have bigger problems.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies. I rented a sight puller and installed sights on two of my pistols without incident.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad it worked out for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top