Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2016 1:14:29 PM EDT
Has anyone gotten their fingerprints for the new individual form 1 process? Where do you go to get them done? Thanks!

ETA: In MSP area
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Call and ask your local PD or call the BCA,
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I just go to my local Sheriff's office in Wright County...$5 I think, $15 for out-of-county residents. Your local PD or sheriff's office should be able to do it for you.

You can try to do it yourself but if you don't get the prints right, it'll get kicked back. Better to spend the $5 and have a pro who's done it tons of times before do it..

Edit - most PDs don't use ink anymore. They do it digitally on a scanner, and print it on the card. Not having to clean your fingers is worth the money alone.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just go to my local Sheriff's office in Wright County...$5 I think, $15 for out-of-county residents. Your local PD or sheriff's office should be able to do it for you.

You can try to do it yourself but if you don't get the prints right, it'll get kicked back. Better to spend the $5 and have a pro who's done it tons of times before do it..

Edit - most PDs don't use ink anymore. They do it digitally on a scanner, and print it on the card. Not having to clean your fingers is worth the money alone.
View Quote
What sucks is our Sheriff ONLY does prints every other Saturday, between 1pm and 3pm, with appointment

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
You could always get yourself arrested...ask your sheriff if they only do those by appointment

Are there any PDs around that can do it?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get them done downtown at the court house/jail. Go inside, through the metal detectors, left a short distance down the hallway, take the first elevator on your left down one floor, then through the last door on the left. Call ahead (612) 348-5112 to confirm when they're open for public fingerprinting. I believe the cost is $25 and they'll print out at least 4 forms, which is all I brought at the time, for that price.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks fellas!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get an ink pad and do your own

https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form
View Quote

IIRC they need to be done by someone certified to do prints. I could be wrong.
My first SBR I was going to do without a trust and even got printed for it.
then money ran short and I never submitted my paper work.
about a year after that i set up a trust and did my SBR on that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can submit your own fingerprints
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The actual wording is "properly equipped". If you have an ink pad and are able to roll legible fingerprints then you are properly equipped.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#11]
In Eden Prairie I just set up an appointment at the police station to do my prints when I dropped off my Form 1 for CLEO sign-off.  They do it for free, but you need to make an appointment.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In Eden Prairie I just set up an appointment at the police station to do my prints when I dropped off my Form 1 for CLEO sign-off.  They do it for free, but you need to make an appointment.

View Quote

Sign off is no longer required. Notification only.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I know.  My last form-1 was before the change.  I would assume the fingerprint part still works the same.

The EP police are really cool.  Professional, good community presence, and, when I dropped off my can form-1, one of the cops came out and talked to me about making my own and told me about some good engraving places that are quick, good quality, and inexpensive.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#14]
When doing your own prints what are you putting in the block that asks for "signature of official taking fingerprints"??
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The actual wording is "properly equipped". If you have an ink pad and are able to roll legible fingerprints then you are properly equipped.
View Quote

???  Then what's the point?  Gang Banger could just submit grandma's prints and no one would ever know.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#16]
AccuTac in Lakeville has a print scanner and also does photos. Not sure what/if he charges.

AccuTac
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Has anyone gotten their fingerprints for the new individual form 1 process? Where do you go to get them done? Thanks!

ETA: In MSP area
View Quote

In Eden Prairie they will set up an appointment and do it for free.

They are cool though.   When I went in to ask about CLEO sign-of before the change for a form-1 can,  I ended up talking to an officer for quite a while about making one,  my lathe,  etc.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
AccuTac in Lakeville has a print scanner and also does photos. Not sure what/if he charges.

AccuTac
View Quote

How come I have not heard of this place?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How come I have not heard of this place?
View Quote

He had been working out of his house in Elko but just opened the shop in Lakeville. One big advantage with him is that he carries a large inventory. You actually have the chance to handle cans before you buy and you won't have to wait on a form 3.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He had been working out of his house in Elko but just opened the shop in Lakeville. One big advantage with him is that he carries a large inventory. You actually have the chance to handle cans before you buy and you won't have to wait on a form 3.
View Quote

I'll check him out.

Joes sporting goods also has a decent selection of suppressors in stock, FYI
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's surprising.  Priced at their usual ludicrous levels?
View Quote

I haven't checked their current prices but I bought a dead air mask from them last July just before the change since they had one in the case. I think it was $415 then which I thought was good.

They also have an ass load of 22LR and it was $18.99 for a federal 325 pack a couple days ago.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

You should never have to wait on a form 3.  All the good dealers like Silencer Shop will file the form 3 and 4 at the same time, so all the wait is in parallel.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

AccuTac
View Quote

Accutac is good people! I've never bought a can through them, but I did buy some can mounts, etc. and I was a PITA but they were great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top