Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2016 8:47:55 PM EDT
Damn storm knocked down trees all over town.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Carver county area: Had a few flickers but the power is still on.  Was hoping a bid dead tree out back would have come down...  No such luck.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
flickers but good
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
As dark as Hillary's soul around my AO.  Tons of trees and power lines down, including a high-voltage transmission line.  

Enjoying a night without TV, though.  Thank God for Verizon Jet Packs!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I live on a dead end road with a huge tree fallen through lines blocking the way out. Fahk.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Power flickered once here in the southeast metro, but we weren't hit all that hard here.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Lost power from about 6:30 until 10 in St. Paul.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Only some downed branches in my 'hood.  Still have electricity.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#8]
We are north of Hutch. It all but missed us. All running as normal.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are north of Hutch. It all but missed us. All running as normal.
View Quote

Same here, got some wind and some rain but past that...it was thunder for about 3 straight hours, and that was it
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I live in Gneson Township, just north of Duluth.  Got hit with some significant wind last night, about 7:30 pm.  10-15 trees down in my yard, 3 fell on my garage.  We are still without power.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Right in Duluth, didn't even blow my hair.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Got nailed in our area and a couple of trees down.

Took out the power and both CenturyLink and Xfinity were in and around homes fixing cable/DSL connections.

Two of my neighbors are "cable cutters" and only have cell and only have DSL (I think one has magicjack for a home phone)

We got out the goal-zero this time as the gen set was already on loan to my inlaws.

As the saying goes... Two is one. One is none ... or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Power came back on Wednesday around 5PM.  I'm still working on cutting up the trees.  3 big widow-makers are worrisome.  If I never post again...you know what happened.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Power came back on Wednesday around 5PM.  I'm still working on cutting up the trees.  3 big widow-makers are worrisome.  If I never post again...you know what happened.
View Quote
Dibs on your guns

Seriously, if you feel it is above your skill/equipment level, hire it out to get them on the ground. Best few hundred bucks you'll ever spend.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Seriously, if you feel it is above your skill/equipment level, hire it out to get them on the ground. Best few hundred bucks you'll ever spend.
View Quote

I wish I saved the quote a while back, but, another HTF member wrote something like this:

Look at your deductible for your health insurance and triple it.

That is what the real cost will be after your fat ass hits the ground when you fall out of the tree.

We will charge you less than that to take it down.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top