Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2016 9:23:28 PM EDT
I just moved here last fall and Im trying to find someone to help me get into the club that does uspsa shoots here. I think its called United Sportsmen. I have wanted to try out uspsa for a long time and was pretty sad when I saw it was private and you needed someone to sponsor you to join since I dont know anyone here. If anyone can help me out, let me know!

Thanks,
Jamie
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Matches are usually open to the public.  Go to a match and take time to meet the match director.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I think youre thinking of Northwestern. I have the same problem, no one to sponsor, it does seem a bit fuddish IMO.

I''ll second that I believe the matches are open to all. I'll ask at work on monday and see.

United Northern is on Island Lake, just a basic range, but I don't think you need a sponsor there as far as I know, might have changed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#3]
No sponsor needed at United Northern on Island Lake.  Northwestern does the matches and a sponsor is needed there.  Typically matches are open though.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a Duluthian.  Let me know if you want to go shooting sometime.   There is a couple / few year wait list to get into NWGC.  Go to their website and you should be able to get in touch with the guys who run the club.  Even if you do not know anyone in the club, you could go to a meeting and have someone there sponsor you.

Thread hack: anyone have headspace guages I could borrow/use for 2 minutes?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I have .223 and .308 gauges
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Turns out I don't need the gauges.  I put together a rifle using a PSA upper.  Folks at PSA told me (after inquiring) that they are head-spaced upon assembly.  Thanks for the response.  

If anyone is ever in need, I have pretty much all of the other hardware to build an upper or lower, except for the gauges and the rear sight assembly tool.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top