Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2016 12:02:23 AM EDT
My son is taking a job in the Maple Grove area, moving from WI.  Can you recommend safe areas to live in the Maple Grove or Rogers area?  Or maybe it's easier to say, what areas should be avoided?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:09:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard much bad about Maple Grove, but I'd avoid living in nearby Brooklyn Park.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  Stay north and west if you're looking in that area.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll go out on a limb and say that pretty much anywhere in Maple Grove or Rogers area is "safe" compared to some of the other nearby suburbs. Only part of Maple Grove that I wouldn't care to live in is near the Brooklyn Park or Osseo border (as mentioned above).
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Monticello would be better but maple grove isn't to bad either.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Champlin is nice west of 169, east of 169 they are getting more and more reports of car break-ins.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Champlin is nice west of 169, east of 169 they are getting more and more reports of car break-ins.
View Quote

Champlin, East of 169, is basically Brooklyn Park.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]
"Safe" is a relative term
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
There are some sites like RAIDS Online that will show crime maps. You can get an idea of some of the things that happen in a particular area if you look around on that site.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maple Grove to Rogers to Monticello is all good
View Quote

This.

The east side of Maple Grove/Osseo area/ Champlin is basically the "line", everything west of there is typical suburban living, low crime and so on. if you're looking at buying look in Wright county as it has far better taxes and politics than Hennepin county.

I've been a resident of St.Michael for the last 5 years and really like the area.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Northwest Plymouth, near County 47 and Vicksburg crime is almost nonexistent.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Pretty much anywhere West of hwy 169 and North of Bass Lake Road is good to go, IMO.  Maple Grove is expensive, so if he wants to love somewhere cheap start looking north along i94, housing gets cheaper the further out you go.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sounds hard to believe with the large Law Enforcement presence once you cross the bridge from Anoka or are they just revenue generators
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds hard to believe with the large Law Enforcement presence once you cross the bridge from Anoka or are they just revenue generators

Yahtzee
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#15]
plymouth too
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I haven't heard much bad about Maple Grove, but I'd avoid living in nearby Brooklyn Park.
View Quote

Looked at a house once in Brooklyn Park, nice house, foreclosed. While looking at it a guy who looked a bit like Michael Vick (was also wearing a Vick jersey) thought it was important to walk right through the property with his gang member looking buddy. Decided I didn't want to live there after that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I would go with rogers, moved out of maple grove 2 year ago. its a nice place but starting to get way over populated, they are  throwing up town houses and apartment buildings where ever they can squeeze them in and of course with the population growth crime has increased but still not as bad as some of the other suburbs
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Is he looking to rent or buy? I'd call Maple Grove safe. If he's working in MG, he might as well live close to work. If he's older and has a family, then he might get more for his money and be happier in Rogers. If a person looks hard enough, you'll find shitty neighborhoods and apartment complexes anywhere. A few weeks back, I was in Maple Plain (sleepy little town about 20 minutes west) and saw a bunch of LEO setting up to serve a warrant or raid somebody at some apartments. I live in Plymouth, just south of Maple Grove. Nice suburb with a lot of ritzy neighborhoods, but like I said you'll find some section 8 everywhere if you look hard enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top