Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 6:15:06 PM EDT
Yes, I know "concealed means concealed"  as I carry just about everywhere, minus federal buildings type of situations.

But, do they pat you down on your way into wild games ?

thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
my wife says you have to go through metal detectors.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, Ill be relying on my sweet ninja moves tomorrow night then, and leave the pistol at home.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This is correct.  They are new this year I believe.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have been using wands for years. Ninja moves it is.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Metal detectors can be easily be defeated by a Glock 7
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wands were easy to defeat. Airport-style metal detectors, not so much.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm heading to the game tomorrow night with my 17-year old daughter.  Looks like no carry for me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
My steel toe boots set off the walk through metal detector like they have at the airport.
Security used the wand on my boots then grabbed my ankles to check for an ankle holster or boot knife then let me through.
They missed the RPG And M60 with two belts of ammo I had in my back left pocket
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm heading to the game tomorrow night with my 17-year old daughter.  Looks like no carry for me.
View Quote

Why? I had my spring-assist folder with me and just show them my belt buckle...

They are not looking for Ole and Lena packing... they are keeping their eyes open for critters from Crenshaw.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are not looking for Ole and Lena packing... they are keeping their eyes open for critters from Crenshaw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't been to a game in years.  Wasn't sure what to expect, or how well they'd be screening.

From what I saw last night, I think you're largely right.  I saw LOTS of people dressed as Security, and they were busy, but it was also mostly for show.  They paid little attention to what went in the bins -- cell phones, keys, etc.  People who set off the detectors got asked if they had coins in their pockets, and got looked at a little harder, but I didn't see anyone get patted down or asked to remove anything like belts or lift their shirts.  Those things might have happened, but not in the few minutes I was there, going in the southwest entrance at 6pm with hundreds of other people in line behind me.  Seemed like all they wanted to do was find a reasonable explanation for why the detector went off, and if they saw one and didn't get a funny vibe from you, they waved you on.

My guess is Thunderwear or something similar and a good metal belt buckle, along with being well dressed, polite, and friendly, would get you in.  Maybe next time I'll give it a whirl if I don't have my daughter with.  Worst that can happen is they send me back out to stow it, I suppose.

Anyone else gotten in carrying anything concealed like that this year?

Edit: I was wearing steel toes and they didn't set off the detectors
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#11]
FYI: they let me carry my Swiss Army knife in ... guy took one look and that was all.

Now, again, I don't take my spring assist out unless it is to use it or putting it away at night.

Ole & Lena have not been doing drive-bys at the Wild games. Safest venue (minus the flying pucks!) in town
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top