Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2016 11:42:06 AM EDT
I am seriously considering the purchase of a suppressor(s), but I have no first hand experience with them.  Does anyone with a collection have a huge heart and would be open to meeting up for a range trip? I want to make sure I'm making the right decision before I spend a bunch of money.  Im interested in all can types.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you want to protect your hearing? If so, the right decision is to buy a suppressor!
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Im interested in trying a few out to see which one I might want to buy. I'm defenately getting at least one, but I'm not sure exactly how I should spend my money.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im interested in trying a few out to see which one I might want to buy. I'm defenately getting at least one, but I'm not sure exactly how I should spend my money.
View Quote

What guns you have? Do they have threaded barrels? You'll have to factor in the price of those.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You should ask in the suppressor subforum. Most there will recommend a rimfire can first because it makes the biggest difference sound wise and they end up being used most often. I was able to shoot several at the shooters roundup at Ahlman' in August and was very impressed by the rimfire cans. The 300 blackout with subsonic was a close second.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What guns you have? Do they have threaded barrels? You'll have to factor in the price of those.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an AR and I'll be purchasing other hosts post-41p.

I've been doing a lot of research and I'm really just looking for people willing tmeet up with me at a range to share their suppressed guns.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where are you located?
View Quote

West metro.  Right now I'm thinking Spectre 2, Octane 9, and a Omega 762, but I'll try anything anyone is willing to share :)
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok - the next time I go out to Bills north I'll drop you a line in advance.  I have the Omega 762, and use it on my RFB, RDB and AR15.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#9]
If you only want 3 cans, get the octane 45 instead of the 9
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you only want 3 cans, get the octane 45 instead of the 9
View Quote

I appreciate the advise.  I'm still interested in finding others that would be willing to meet up so I can try any cans out there.  Those 3 are the ones I'm most interested in right now though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#11]
My cans are still in jail ):
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I vacation in MN each June and December.  I live near Carlton and am a member of the Northwoods Range near Barnum.  Anyone who wants to try out my modest collection of suppressed firearms is very welcome to do so.  Mine are homemade cans, but I have them in 22lr, 5.56, .308 and others.

Randy
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:24:43 AM EDT
[#13]
bullseye in North Branch have a couple pistols that you can rent, can included.. I think they have a rifle or to also..

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Good meeting you BoltActionAssault.  Keep me in the loop for other range meetups.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I shot two different suppressed AR's in the last two week, one was a 6.8 SPC and the other was an SBR .556, both had substantial blow back through the charging handle and ejection port, it made me re-think getting one for one of my ARs. The 6.8 was still surprisingly loud. Its good to get some hands on before making a purchase, just like anything else.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I shot two different suppressed AR's in the last two week, one was a 6.8 SPC and the other was an SBR .556, both had substantial blow back through the charging handle and ejection port, it made me re-think getting one for one of my ARs. The 6.8 was still surprisingly loud. Its good to get some hands on before making a purchase, just like anything else.
View Quote

It is not a problem if you use a BCM or PRI GB charging handle. You can also add a a silicone strip along a regular CH and that will fix the blowback issue
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It is not a problem if you use a BCM or PRI GB charging handle. You can also add a a silicone strip along a regular CH and that will fix the blowback issue
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or get the LaRue Tranquilo
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or use an adjustable gas system.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Or tune your rifle with different buffers and springs...
Also there's the gem tech BCG....
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Or tune your rifle with different buffers and springs...
Also there's the gem tech BCG....
View Quote

Both are band aids reacting to too much gas. An adjustable gas block tears out the gas problem from the roots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top