Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2015 1:53:30 PM EDT
But no metro.

I need to get my renewal, also bringing my mother/step father to get their PTC. They are not big gun people, so no drill Sargent. So while I just need a rubber stamp refresher approval, my mother/step father need some training. They will be using revolvers.

Where I got my PTC first time around, the guy broke about every gun safety rule there is, and I have no interest in going back (won't name names).
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Would Monticello be too far for you? I can put you in touch with the Club Officer who schedules our training at the Monticello Sportsmen's Club.

The shooting portion would be indoor also local to Monticello.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Would Monticello be too far for you? I can put you in touch with the Club Officer who schedules our training at the Monticello Sportsmen's Club.

The shooting portion would be indoor also local to Monticello.
View Quote
Little farther than I'd prefer, but not un-acceptable. Contact info would be great!

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 3:57:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
But no metro.

I need to get my renewal, also bringing my mother/step father to get their PTC. They are not big gun people, so no drill Sargent. So while I just need a rubber stamp refresher approval, my mother/step father need some training. They will be using revolvers.

Where I got my PTC first time around, the guy broke about every gun safety rule there is, and I have no interest in going back (won't name names).
View Quote

If Waconia isn't too close to the metro try Plane Cents. Joe has a good presentation, friendly setting in his home and the least expensive class in the state.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If Waconia isn't too close to the metro try Plane Cents. Joe has a good presentation, friendly setting in his home and the least expensive class in the state.
View Quote

I would bet that anyone in the state could do a better job than Joe. I took my first class with him, and it was a waste of money.
There is a reason that it's the least expensive class in the state.

If you really want training, take a class from Sully.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:03:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I would bet that anyone in the state could do a better job than Joe. I took my first class with him, and it was a waste of money.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was quite entertaining though when I took a class there.  I don't think there's anything that he hasn't done (or claimed to do)
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I took mine with Andrew Rothman, president of GOCRA.  I enjoyed the class and would recommend it to anyone.
http://www.mngun.com

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I took mine with Andrew Rothman, president of GOCRA.  I enjoyed the class and would recommend it to anyone.

http://www.mngun.com

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
He is a stand up guy, but getting too far for me.

I'll send him a message, and have him let me know if he has a class more my way in the near future.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top