Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2015 10:25:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
that backstop so close always wierded me out. after i asked bowman why he was wearing a flak jacket and he said it was for the bullet jackets that sometimes came back toward the line, i always stayed behind someone else....

When that Ma Deuce lit up it was loud as hell.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
So, you guys don't still waste large amounts of ammo?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have some you want to waste?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, you guys don't still waste large amounts of ammo?

Do you have some you want to waste?

Maybe some day but right now my focus is awaiting my suppressors and the upcoming deer season.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Cheap ammo made for some fun days.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I make that face when shooting to block the Wolf stink from going in my nose! lol

Smells like cat piss!
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Great pics!

My hair seemed more blonde back then and I was a bit skinnier, too.  WTF was I doing crawling around on that junk pile setting tannerite with Devils_Advocate??
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:53:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Those were fun times. I see I'm in the background in a couple pics. Gain a few pounds or several.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]
DPMMN

what did you used to say?
Buy it cheap and stack it deep?

I like the picture of safe with loaded ar mags to the hilt!

The days of Sportsmans Guide and SA M193 in 2700 crates for a shade over 12cts a round!

Or getting Win 3131A at Galyans for like $150 per K plus the governor's share
or Win VP of 9mm for $10 or 45 ACP for $20

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

absolutely!

I found a receipt last year from Walmart where I bought 36, 100rd  9mm value packs for $5.99 a box, that was back in 2004

I found another receipt from Kiesler's dated September 2001, I bought a bunch of Federal XM193 for $1.99 a box

Lot 1 of Federal XM193

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=73973

The good old days are gone and so is the $49.00/1000 of 7.62x39 at FAC, hell FAC is gone too

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DPMMN

what did you used to say?

Buy it cheap and stack it deep?

I like the picture of safe with loaded ar mags to the hilt!

The days of Sportsmans Guide and SA M193 in 2700 crates for a shade over 12cts a round!

Or getting Win 3131A at Galyans for like $150 per K plus the governor's share
or Win VP of 9mm for $10 or 45 ACP for $20

absolutely!

I found a receipt last year from Walmart where I bought 36, 100rd  9mm value packs for $5.99 a box, that was back in 2004

I found another receipt from Kiesler's dated September 2001, I bought a bunch of Federal XM193 for $1.99 a box

Lot 1 of Federal XM193

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=73973

The good old days are gone and so is the $49.00/1000 of 7.62x39 at FAC, hell FAC is gone too

/sniff
I remember balking at paying $100-120 for a case of XM193/Q3131A thinking it should be $79.99!  I should have been buying a case a month.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I found a receipt last year for 1240 ? rounds of south african 308 shipped to my house for like $198 and the receipt wasnt even that old. why didnt I buy a whole pallet ?!?!
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's our mod shooting my Schmidt-Ruben K31:

Here's me, getting ready to shoot it again, while the previous shot's brass is still in the air (yeah, you can really manipulate it that quickly):

Straight pull FTW
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#19]
"Hey, twonami, What's up with those bandages on your hand?"

"I shot myself with a 180 gr. Hydra-Shok".

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was a good sport about it at least
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

is it ok to laugh about this ?

I remember being uncomfortable having him shoot next to me when we were all up at princeton.

then McNielson shot my target.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm still trying to figure out if I made it that day. I think I did but we had so many shoots up there that it's hard to say. I really miss that cheap ammo, and remember how expensive I thought it was. "This stuff is like $100/case. I better only shoot 1000 or so"
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There was once this kid that would load your mags for you if you'd give him some ammo to play too...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/bannie/ARFCOMshoot1/preston.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/bannie/ARFCOMshoot1/1Guns017.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/bannie/ARFCOMshoot1/1Guns013.jpg

Many happy memories were made by this beauty!  30 minutes loading belts...  Gone in 28 seconds!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/bannie/ARFCOMshoot1/1Guns009.jpg

GOOD TIMES!!!  
View Quote

That kid was Mini-Q     (Quinlin's Offspring)
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Heck I missed most of one MG shoot because someone put one thru their hand with a MAC or a Cobray or something.  Everyone was packing up when I got there.  Even missed the meatwagon.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wasn't that Beerjaeger???

Open bolts are fun!  
View Quote

I think so.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I was there.  Shot a 1000rnds of Wolf that day.  You could buy  1000rnds for $105 at Sportsman Guide.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I remember that day.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

is it ok to laugh about this ?

I remember being uncomfortable having him shoot next to me when we were all up at princeton.

then McNielson shot my target.

View Quote

PwN3d
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Always will amaze me how some people (who think they are good gun handlers) can eff up the parade.
Yes I know life happens!  But buck fever and people who think to highly of themselves are problematic.  Parents who let children do things that are beyond their skill set!

As evidenced by
MG shoot incidents in NV and MA that are high profile deaths that stung!
Locally
1-Beerjager

2-Grown man ( experienced LEO) who incurred as self inflicted 12g slug reckless discharge dismounting a tree stand with a loaded firearm - slug travel from right lateral thigh to to exit right below the umbilicus.  Lucky no major vessels or nerves were damaged.
3- Grown woman (experienced MN deer hunter) who incurred a self incurred self inflicted 12g slug reckless discharge dismounting a tree stand with a loaded firearm to have slug enter below right medial knee area travel along tibia to then shatter the right medial ankle bone (malleolus). One the best orthopods in MN could not put Ms Humpty Dumpty back together with out pronounced limp!

This stuff happens all the time every fall! Stupid people!
Four Rules of Gun Safety apply 24hrs a day - 7 days a week - 365days a year.
The Four Rules

All guns are always loaded. (Treat them so!)
   Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
   Keep your finger (preferred booger hooker) off the trigger until your sights are on target (and you have made the decision to shoot).
   Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I love ass hats who seem to think that does not apply in gun store, gun shows, and shooting ranges! FREAKING DUMB

I am guilty of a couple negligent discharges, lucky for me they happened on a shooting range while at a X-C match. More like premature shots... I went from standing to sitting for rapid fire string and knocked off the safety and let 2 rounds go prior to my target appearing!  Now days the start in a seating position... Nonetheless...  I had no target....
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Always will amaze me how some people (who think they are good gun handlers) can eff up the parade.
Yes I know life happens!  But buck fever and people who think to highly of themselves are problematic.  Parents who let children do things that are beyond their skill set!

As evidenced by
MG shoot incidents in NV and MA that are high profile deaths that stung!
Locally
1-Beerjager

2-Grown man ( experienced LEO) who incurred as self inflicted 12g slug reckless discharge dismounting a tree stand with a loaded firearm - slug travel from right lateral thigh to to exit right below the umbilicus.  Lucky no major vessels or nerves were damaged.
3- Grown woman (experienced MN deer hunter) who incurred a self incurred self inflicted 12g slug reckless discharge dismounting a tree stand with a loaded firearm to have slug enter below right medial knee area travel along tibia to then shatter the right medial ankle bone (malleolus). One the best orthopods in MN could not put Ms Humpty Dumpty back together with out pronounced limp!

This stuff happens all the time every fall! Stupid people!
Four Rules of Gun Safety apply 24hrs a day - 7 days a week - 365days a year.
The Four Rules

All guns are always loaded. (Treat them so!)
   Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
   Keep your finger (preferred booger hooker) off the trigger until your sights are on target (and you have made the decision to shoot).
   Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I love ass hats who seem to think that does not apply in gun store, gun shows, and shooting ranges! FREAKING DUMB

I am guilty of a couple negligent discharges, lucky for me they happened on a shooting range while at a X-C match. More like premature shots... I went from standing to sitting for rapid fire string and knocked off the safety and let 2 rounds go prior to my target appearing!  Now days the start in a seating position... Nonetheless...  I had no target....
View Quote

So you've had "a couple" of ND's and you are ranting about firearm safety and proper handling?  When/where did you shoot HP?  

***Edit***  
Also, how the heck could you even do what you describe above?  You sat down with a loaded rifle for a sitting RF stage at an OTC match, so presumably you were slung up.  This would seem to prevent you from hitting the safety with your left hand, as it would be on the rifle's fore end.  The only real way to move the safety lever would be with your thumb, like it's designed for.  So why was your finger on the trigger, and why were you pulling it before you even got into position?  And how did you manage to ND not once, but twice in a row before stopping?  Good thing you didn't accidentally load the 8-rounder in there, or you might have had 6 more ND's?!?  So many firearm safety rules broken here.  Kinda makes me glad you aren't shooting HP anymore, as this sounds like a situation that I wouldn't want to be too close to.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Funny how much gear has changed in 10 years. I didn't know death451 before he became a multicam-whore so it's kinda weird seeing him in regular woodland.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Funny how much gear has changed in 10 years. I didn't know death451 before he became a multicam-whore so it's kinda weird seeing him in regular woodland.
View Quote

I thought about going back to woodland many times! I still might!
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#36]
I remember that day fondly.  Lots of full auto goodness:

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:39:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Sigh....before my time, be another year before I'd end up working with Uncle Cooter.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Jakezor, that was you that took a bunch of video that day correct?  I made a little music video out of it since I was messing around with video editing and stuff at that time.  Now if I can only find it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Jakezor, that was you that took a bunch of video that day correct?  I made a little music video out of it since I was messing around with video editing and stuff at that time.  Now if I can only find it.
View Quote

Might have been me?  I will have to search some old hard drives for anything that old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top