Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:07:30 PM EDT
Anybody know of any options for this in the Twin Cities? Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Atomic charges 70, sometimes more for non-AR receivers. They don't do it on site; they ship it out somewhere and you'll get it back in about a week.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Know of anybody who does it on site? Mail foul ups/Murphy's Law and all that is something Id like to avoid shipping back and forth.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. Know of anybody who does it on site? Mail foul ups/Murphy's Law and all that is something Id like to avoid shipping back and forth.
View Quote

Atomic's engraving is picked up and dropped off by the engraver.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_28/585273_Engraving.html
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I had mine done at atomic, they had it done in less than a week IIRC and as SJU mentioned they dont ship it. The guy who does their engraving picks it up and drops it back off at their shop when its done.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys, these sound like great options.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I had mine done at atomic, they had it done in less than a week IIRC and as SJU mentioned they dont ship it. The guy who does their engraving picks it up and drops it back off at their shop when its done.
View Quote
If thats so then I am going to use Atomic even thought it is a long drive for me.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Orion Arms in Lino Lakes. I've had at least 5 done by Ryan and maybe because I'm a frequent customer or he had a lull or whatever, but I think he had my last receiver back to UPS the day after getting it.
Orion Arms

Cost has typically been just shy of $70 including insured return shipping and MN sales tax.

PS...he requests getting it via UPS with a money order. After getting resistance the first time from UPS for shipping something to a place with "Arms" in the name, I have since been sending "plaques" to "Orion Engraving"...no issues...just make the MO out to Orion Arms
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Just thought I'd update this. I used Tar Heel State Firearms and they did an awesome job. Had the top of the trigger area done on a mega billet lower (trigger guard is permanent). Cost me $15.36 to ship it there and then $45 for the engraving which included $15 for return shipping. So $60.36 total.

Sent it out Friday the 15th and had it back today, not bad considering the MLK holiday last week.

Oh and everything was paid via credit card on their site, print the paperwork and send it with the lower. Simple.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:49:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Any reason you can't engrave your own? Not directed to the op, but looking at nfa toys and I have a CNC.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Any reason you can't engrave your own? Not directed to the op, but looking at nfa toys and I have a CNC.
View Quote
There is no reason that you can't legally engrave your own NFA stuff, but most people don't have the tools or skills to do a decent job.

IIRC, there was a thread in one of the tech forums, where someone electro-pencil engraved theirs in huge sloppy letters.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure you can, but can you do this?

Not mine but mine was done the same way
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/image/cache/data/AR%20Lower%20inside%20trigger%20guard-500x500.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/image/cache/data/AR%20Lower%20inside%20trigger%20guard-500x500.jpg
Sure, no problem. Just use the 3D printer to make a jig to hold the lower that way on the CNC.

ETA: Obviously, the lower would have to be stripped first..
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sure, no problem. Just use the 3D printer to make a jig to hold the lower that way on the CNC.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the thing, they do it no disassembly required.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:47:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neat. I wonder what type of equipment they use. Laser?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top