Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2015 7:46:37 PM EDT
Was at the Woodbury Cabela's this afternoon and I bought them out of CCI Quiet (1k rounds). I'd estimate they still have about 150-200 50rd boxes of Mini Mag's (the 40gr lead version).

Price was $4.99 for 50 with a 1200 round limit still.

10cpr isn't great but manageable if you need some. Go get em boys!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't stock up on .22LR anymore.  Actually I haven't bought any in years.  At this price buying a lot of it just doesn't make sense unless you have money to burn.

Hunting: Don't need a lot of rounds

Self Defense: Last round I would consider

General Survival: Dirty round that's finicky in semi autos unless you take the time to tune the specific brand to the gun and the moons align

Survival Hunting/Poaching: Can't discuss illegal matters, but see my point about hunting

Plinking: At its current price point I'll just shoot larger calibers and have more fun

Suppressed Plinking: I hear it's fun with a .22LR, but I don't have a .22 suppressor (yet)

Target shooting: At its current price point I'll just shoot larger calibers and have more fun

Training new shooters: This is really the only reason for me to have a large stock on hand, but then again I wouldn't need a lot of .22 before moving new shooters, even kids, to larger calibers.  

Yeah, the ammo scare really made me rethink my involvement with .22LR.  Maybe I'll buy some more in a few years as an impulse purchase.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Were you the one with the lifted 98'ish suburban?

Thing was a total BOV.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol nope, wasn't me. I was in my wife's 'liberal camoflague' Subaru
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
meh, just 22lr...  hopefully the hype is over and the neck bearding will stop
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]
It's actually nice to see that there's not a ton of interest in 10cpr .22 locally. Maybe it's be 5cpr next year!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top