Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2015 11:24:56 AM EDT
So I'm browsing the market for pistol training, and was wondering if people had some recommendations.

I'd like to take a course that emphasizes the CCW perspective.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
AIM Precision

Sealed Mindset

QSI

are all local companies doing pistol training.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]

MN Firearms Training Academy  <edited hot link removed.....dpmmn>

You will not be disappointed.  The "Fundamentals of Concealed Carry" course is what you want.  Covers your MN and FL permits.  Expect to shoot about 300 rounds, far more than typical CCW classes.  Jeff is a good friend and former teammate of mine.  At least one other member on here can vouch for him as a professional.

Sully (Defensive Edge) does a good job, too, although I've personally never taken a CCW class from his company.  I've had several colleagues who have been through his LE classes and all say great things.  He's a site sponsor, too.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
You want the best MN has to offer! Sully of Defensive Edge.
He makes the classes fun, and classes move along everyone gains skill and knowledge.
You want trigger time and not some one bent on talking!  Shooting is about being informed and shooting with purpose.  Most people are not shooters.  They talk a good game, but rest assured you will get plenty of trigger time!  And, shooting is more important about refining your skills.  And, believe being herded like cattle to go a test check does not afford sill improvement one bit!

I am a pretty good shooter, not bragging just fact.  I Sully made me better!
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I would also say The Defensive Edge also. I say try them all but... if I have to pick just one Sully is the best!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Concur with Defensive Edge, great training and focused on practical/proven techniques.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I loved Handgun 1 at Defensive Edge. It's a great course to teach pistol handling and marksmanship. Sorry guys but it was lacking in the carry training. IIRC, we spent an hour in lecture and the rest shooting. The course I took at Burnsville Pistol Range spent 8 hours discussing laws and liabilities and 5 min shooting. Pick your poison.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you have your permit to carry already?

I'm available to do the training with you, I'm flexible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top