Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2015 10:19:11 PM EDT
Anyone have a SBR lower engraved with trust name? If so, 2 questions.

1) Where'd you get it done? I'd like to get it done locally if possible so I don't have to send it off.

2) Where on the receiver did you put the engraving?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Atomic Tactical in Bloomington.

I haven't done mine yet so I can't help you with the location of engraving.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I had mine done by Ident Marking, sorry, not local...but it was easy enough.

I had mine done on the underside of the trigger area.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Just had one done by Orion Engraving in Lino Lakes. Had it engraved on the front of the magwell. Top quality job.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]
How much did you guys pay, if you don't mind?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Atomic charges, I think, $70 standard but upped the price of my MP5 engraving to $85 because reasons, something about it not fitting into their jig very well. I was not pleased with the price but my stamp came back that same day and I just wanted it done, fast, so I could finish it.

Ident is way cheaper but you have to pay for shipping and wait longer. My first AR receiver sent to Ident took 9 weeks, though I hear they've sped up a bit since then.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just had one done by Orion Engraving in Lino Lakes. Had it engraved on the front of the magwell. Top quality job.
View Quote

This, guy is a class act and does awesome work, $35 which is stupid cheap especially for the quality
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This, guy is a class act and does awesome work, $35 which is stupid cheap especially for the quality
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll give him a call.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been a couple years for me, but I think it is mail-in only. no retail store
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Atomic Tactical in Bloomington.

I haven't done mine yet so I can't help you with the location of engraving.
View Quote

I had mine done at atomic back in Jan this year.
Good work and fast turn around
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used Orion for all of my NFA stuff.   Think I may need my Avatar engraved on something in the future.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Schreyer Weapon Systems in Blaine.

$40

Right side of magwell.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Atomic charges, I think, $70 standard but upped the price of my MP5 engraving to $85 because reasons, something about it not fitting into their jig very well. I was not pleased with the price but my stamp came back that same day and I just wanted it done, fast, so I could finish it.

Ident is way cheaper but you have to pay for shipping and wait longer. My first AR receiver sent to Ident took 9 weeks, though I hear they've sped up a bit since then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generally requires a jig specific to the receiver, so if a new jig had to be made for your MP5, your additional expense went to defray the cost of the necessary tooling.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:37:35 AM EDT
[#13]
This was the first receiver that Atomic engraved:

I probably would prefer a narrower font and more depth in the engraving but I'm still pretty happy with it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top