Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 11:08:56 AM EDT
I've been noticing that there is a ton of "out of town" law enforcement vehicles up and around the Elk River area. There's a few staying at a local (major chain) hotel and I've seen them up and down Highway 10 between Ramsey and Big Lake.

Anoka. Coon Rapids. Brainerd. Fairibault. Wright. Sherburne. And a few others I've probably missed. Both PD and County.

Having a convention? Or having meetings about the heightened chatter DHS/NSA warned about leading up to this weekend?

I've been living in this area for 7 years now and this activity seems unusual...

Or am I being paranoid?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Being paranoid because most likely it is just for the long weekend and DWI enforcement.  If the county is doing a DWI sweep over the weekend, they will pull in cars from multiple cities.

Unless you are talking some really far out places.  Then they are probably out to get you.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Hennepin County Emergency Management was doing a large training exercise last weekend. Maybe that was it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hennepin County Emergency Management was doing a large training exercise last weekend. Maybe that was it.
View Quote
Saw the vehicles from Brainerd and Faribault yesterday. 97 miles to Brainerd, 86 to Faribault. Bit of a haul to come to little ol' Elk River...

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The United States Police Canine Association Region 12 had their yearly Patrol Dog 1 Certification hosted by Elk River PD and Sherburne County Sheriffs Office

Approx 85 K9 Teams from Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota where there to certify their K9's
I hope that helps you stay informed

View Quote

Thanks!

That's actually pretty cool.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Don't drink and drive then you don't have to be paranoid
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being paranoid because most likely it is just for the long weekend and DWI enforcement.  If the county is doing a DWI sweep over the weekend, they will pull in cars from multiple cities.

Unless you are talking some really far out places.  Then they are probably out to get you.

If you don't have anything to hide, you won't mind if we search your house.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:22:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  Much more fun to be in the front seat than in the back anyways.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top