Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 3:20:24 PM EDT
In the wake of the suppressor legalization, I'm going to need a few barrels threaded, I think two .30 cals and one .223.

Any recommendations for places in MN that do this?  If possible around the 'cities.

Got my trust, and so far, am leaning Omega due to the size/weight and mounting options.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

In the wake of the suppressor legalization, I'm going to need a few barrels threaded, I think two .30 cals and one .223.

Any recommendations for places in MN that do this?  If possible around the 'cities.

Got my trust, and so far, am leaning Omega due to the size/weight and mounting options.
View Quote
I'd like to know too. I know it's not a big deal, but i don't want to tear my bolt guns down to ship out. I'd rather drop off at a shop over lunch

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you talking re-threading existing thread to ensure it is exactly concentric to your bore, or just getting a barrel threaded?

Because if your barrel is already threaded it's the muzzle attachment that has the threads your suppressor threads onto.

I don't want this to sound like I'm talking down to you. I just don't know what kind of threading you're talking about.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I need unthreaded barrels threaded.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need unthreaded barrels threaded.
View Quote

I don't know where you are in MN, but I was having Stu over at DPMS thread mine for a long while. He's literally *ON* DPMS property and shares the parking lot with the Del Ton Luth range.  

Otherwise, I'm sure you could get with Element Arms and have Paul or the various other guys there hook you up with either threading or someone they'd use. I don't know how often you've dealt with them, but they're stand up guys and most of all gun guys. I'd give any of my guns to them with confidence.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
In the 'Official First MN suppressor thread. ' just down the page, second post a guy recommended Jim Pixley. He's out in Pelican Rapids. It looks like he specializes in barrel threading. http://www.jpgrips.com/
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

In the 'Official First MN suppressor thread. ' just down the page, second post a guy recommended Jim Pixley. He's out in Pelican Rapids. It looks like he specializes in barrel threading. http://www.jpgrips.com/
View Quote
At that distance and 1 month wait I may as well ship to adco.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Schreyer Weapon Systems did my Knights SR15. He's got a new shop out in Blaine.

http://www.schreyerweaponsystems.com/
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Do you mind if I ask what you paid.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

And Jordan can build you aa suppressor to.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Locally?...  

JP Grips & Machine (Jim Pixley) in Pelican Rapids...  Never used him but I hear he does great work.
Does Ahlman's in Morristown do barrels?

Here's the two I recommend, although only as local as your post office or UPS store...

Slash @ HeavyBuffers
Steve @ ADCO

Both have reasonable pricing and relatively fast turn-around.  Not to mention their work is TOP shelf.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Were you happy with the results?  I need a cut-crown-thread and would certainly entertain a local establishment within driving distance.  Otherwise I use ADCO.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
He does excellent work. His reputation speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Locally?...  

JP Grips & Machine (Jim Pixley) in Pelican Rapids...  Never used him but I hear he does great work.

Here's the two I recommend, although only as local as your post office or UPS store...

Slash @ HeavyBuffers
Steve @ ADCO

Both have reasonable pricing and relatively fast turn-around.  Not to mention their work is TOP shelf.

View Quote

Yes, they do.  I can't speak to the quality, but I will soon find out.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Locally?...  

Slash @ HeavyBuffers

Steve @ ADCO

View Quote
If Slash did a good job, I'll use him as he has very competitive prices compared to most.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't remember what I paid for the barrel chop from SWS. I am pleased with the results.

Alhmans also does barrel re-threading, I had a buddy get his Remington 700 done there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Will any of 'em thread a Ruger MkIII? And redrill for the front sight? Cause that will get my attention and money
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#17]
http://www.jpgrips.com/

Ruger Mk I-III

FFL/SOT Class 3 dealer as well
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey OP, We met at Atomic Tactical a little bit ago when we were both picking up some items...I emailed Schreyer Weapons Systems to see about costs and turnaround for barrel threading. I'll post results when they get back to me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool, please let us know!

Element Arms recommended me www.keelersgunsmithing.com too.  I see he has a base price of $125 for install muzzle brake, I don't have much more info than that yet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:10:10 AM EDT
[#20]
As an aside to my response above...

I just received a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel back from Steve at Adco...  He performed a chop, crown and precision thread.  The work came out as expected and the muzzle brake timed perfectly without the use of shims or peel washers.  Took about 30 lbs to bring the brake to exactly 12 o'clock.  If there hadn't have been a weekend thrown in the middle, I'd have had the finished barrel back in less than a week...  Might be time to get the 300BLK barrel doctored up a bit...  
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#21]
How much was ADCO?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How much was ADCO?
View Quote

The work Steve did for me came to a little over $100 which included return shipping.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Well after an email explaining what I want and a follow up phone call to Scheryer (and them promising to return my email with a quote) I have no answer from them. To be fair, the guy I talked to said they were in the middle of their move and they had been out of town but it's been over 2 weeks. I'll take my business elsewhere and maybe try them again once they have the time to answer inquiries in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The work Steve did for me came to a little over $100 which included return shipping.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How much was ADCO?

I think it's about $140 for bolt guns or other guns that have the barrel attached to a trunion or receiver if I recall.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well after an email explaining what I want and a follow up phone call to Scheryer (and them promising to return my email with a quote) I have no answer from them. To be fair, the guy I talked to said they were in the middle of their move and they had been out of town but it's been over 2 weeks. I'll take my business elsewhere and maybe try them again once they have the time to answer inquiries in a timely manner.
View Quote

I emailed them on the 2nd of June and never got a reply.  But I went out of town for a week on vacation so I didn't worry about it.  Was going to call them when I returned but decided to go with Adco since they had plenty of time to check their junk mail and I've done business with Adco before.  Cut, crown and thread (1/2-36) was about $88 round trip with.  They need to be in the $60-$70 range otherwise I'll just stick with Adco or Retro Arms Works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top