Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 5:02:07 PM EDT
I was looking for a range close to Carlton MN and found this; http://www.northwoodsshooting.com/  Anyone know about this range?  It is about 18 miles from me; west of Barnum and Mahtowa.  If it is a decent place we should meet there for a silencer shoot the first week of July.  Suggestions?  Thanks.

Randy Bragge
[email protected]
(360) 440-5889
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
That's an awesome suggestion - thanks for organizing this.

Can I offer a suggestion?  Organize it with the range owner to be "suppressors only" for at least some of the time.  Reason is: the best way appreciate your new suppressor is without ear protection (though not all suppressors are "hearing safe" especially the "mini" 556 cans of many cans used on SBRs.).
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't organize anything yet as I'm not a member.  I'm willing to show up with suppressed firearms and let people shot them.  Bring 223, 308 and 22lr and you can shoot them to your heart's content.  

Have you been to the range?  I'm also now reading that SF 878 says the ban on silencers ends August 1st, not July 1st as the GOCRA is claiming on their Facebook page.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I called the president of the Northwoods Sportsman range and he says there are no caliber restrictions and the range is rather quiet most of the time.  This would be a good place for people to meet up for a silencer shoot this year the first week of July.  I will bring, 223, 308, 17, and 22lr caliber cans for anyone with a suitable host.  I'll have a few rifles too.  Bring ammo.

Randy
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If I'm not working, I'll be there..

308, 223, 22lr, in that order are on my want list... I sense a trust coming up..
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be down.  I wanted to get a suppressor shoot together beforehand to let people check them out if they were on the fence.  But they were able to get that bill through pretty fast.  I have a few right now that I use as demos.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I just stopped by to express my happiness this is now a possibility
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#7]
A few years ago I tried to get a silencer shoot near Superior WI going so I could invite MN legislators and educate them on their benefits and limitations.  I was unable to find anyone who was interested at all.

Randy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top