BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like my Osprey 45, like to have a round one also.
View Quote

The two reasons I got the Illusion - it's an eccentric can with even more clearance for sights than the Osprey...so it means I won't have to swap sights on whatever I decide to use as a host...

And, it was really the only can that Silencer Shop had in stock that wasn't a total dog when I ordered it Eventually I need to get a proper 9mm can that I can use on a rifle as well as a pistol (the Illusion probably won't have a fixed barrel spacer from the factory any time soon)...but for handgun stuff, it should fit the bill and then some.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The two reasons I got the Illusion - it's an eccentric can with even more clearance for sights than the Osprey...so it means I won't have to swap sights on whatever I decide to use as a host...

And, it was really the only can that Silencer Shop had in stock that wasn't a total dog when I ordered it Eventually I need to get a proper 9mm can that I can use on a rifle as well as a pistol (the Illusion probably won't have a fixed barrel spacer from the factory any time soon)...but for handgun stuff, it should fit the bill and then some.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like my Osprey 45, like to have a round one also.

I think the hybrid is a solution to our problems.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But they don't make the hybrid in 45acp...  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Got out to shoot my Omega this past sunday

Sorry for the potato vid

5.56 out of a 11.5" SBR
Once my 208gr 300blkout rounds get here ill take a vid of those suppressed for comparison
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The wait is over for me!
Brought the SiCo Sparrow home today.  Check cashed on 09/09.  Approved on 01/15.  
Now I just need to decided what to get next  and head to the range this weekend
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The wait is over for me!
Brought the SiCo Sparrow home today.  Check cashed on 09/09.  Approved on 01/15.  
View Quote

WHAT??!!  My check was cashed 09/02 and I don't have my can yet!!!  WHAAAAAA!!!!!  

The NFA at it's finest!  Congrats Cpwest!!  My buddy has a Sparrow and loves it!  
With 41F looming...  The wait on my third just started.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

WHAT??!!  My check was cashed 09/02 and I don't have my can yet!!!  WHAAAAAA!!!!!  

The NFA at it's finest!  Congrats Cpwest!!  My buddy has a Sparrow and loves it!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The wait is over for me!

I asked them to bump me up ahead of you since you are already in the game with a 3rd pending.  You should be getting a call next week.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#9]
" />
" />
I've picked up two of mine so far
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I asked them to bump me up ahead of you since you are already in the game with a 3rd pending.  You should be getting a call next week.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The wait is over for me!

You were correct!!!  

H&K P30L sportin' a brand new Griffin Rev 9 in the full sized config.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]

I'm jealous of your SPR.  I wanted one but decided to pass when MN wasn't allowing suppressors.  Now I regret my decision.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm jealous of your SPR.  I wanted one but decided to pass when MN wasn't allowing suppressors.  Now I regret my decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That rifle is super quiet, the recoil spring is all I hear.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love your Mod 0, dude!

We should get the Mk12's together someday when it warms up!

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Love your Mod 0, dude!

http://i.imgur.com/tXp7PaCh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zeZAs4Yh.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love your Mod 0, dude!

http://i.imgur.com/tXp7PaCh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zeZAs4Yh.jpg

I'd be down for that
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:01:36 AM EDT
[#15]
No

Quoted:
Guys -

Does anyone happen to know the answer to this...

As tax time is coming up.  Can you deduct NFA Taxes as Federal Taxes paid?

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:03:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I went with t he octane hd.  Of ccourse now there is all the modular cans like the obsidian,ghost,revolution

Quoted:

Already have an AAC Illusion on order, and am considering ordering a Dead Air Mask

I still need to figure out a decent .45acp suppressor...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And I was finally able to pick up my can last night Griffin M4SDII, pending 8/17, approved 1/13, picked up 1/19

Time to buy more

Already have an AAC Illusion on order, and am considering ordering a Dead Air Mask

I still need to figure out a decent .45acp suppressor...

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 11:17:54 PM EDT
[#17]

And here's the 300blkout in action with my omega

8.5" with 208gr subs
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Looking to have my M&P15-22 threaded to SiCo Sparrow specs.  Has anyone used Schreyer Weapon Systems to do that?

Anyone else local to recommend?

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag for responses. I'm doing the same, but for a spectre 2 or maybe a form 1 .22 can
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:24:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Woooo 1.3% chance I get my stamp by the end of March!      
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Looking to have my M&P15-22 threaded to SiCo Sparrow specs.  Has anyone used Schreyer Weapon Systems to do that?

View Quote

Ahlmans does it for $90. I haven't seen much for local gunsmiths. Mine is probably going to ADCO.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Ahlmans does it for $90. I haven't seen much for local gunsmiths. Mine is probably going to ADCO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've used ADCO before on my 9MM SBRs, no complaints.  I don't care about the extra money, it would be less hassle than shipping, but it concerns me that they want twice as much because it's going to take them a lot longer to do it, because they either don't do very many and/or they don't have the jigs to do it right like ADCO does.  

Seeing as you can't buy replacement M&P15-22 barrels, you only get one shot at it...

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I took a bit of a break from the page and did see the good news about our suppressor laws going in.  Now that the new year is here... I am going to start the process of stamp applications and could use some advise/input from some members.

I have the paperwork (just need to go in and get signatures/witnesses finalized for my Trust) at which point I plan on submitting a few things:

2 efiles to build SBR - I have the lowers already, know they will need engraved when all is done/before assembly.  Do these make the most sense to submit via efile based on what it looks like for tracking times right now?  (One will be a .223/5.56 upper and the other for 300BLK)  When filing the papers, I know it asks for lengths.  How does one determine the length with an adjustable stock?  How about with a suppressor or without?  Do I need to measure with the muzzle device attached?

I am also going to start the process to acquire a few suppressors and am a bit on the fence on which route to go or what exactly will work best.  I am not opposed to using one suppressor for both SBRs (I believe the AAC 762-SND-6 will cover both calibers, or the 762-SD) and then only need to get an extra muzzle device for each.

Moving on to the next, I have a Springfield XDM 4.5 .45 that I am back and forth between the AAC Ti-rant 45 or SilencerCo Osprey or Octane 45 - any pros/cons about any selection?  

Finally I am thinking I would like to eventually (and I say eventually because it would likely be in the near future, so I might as well do it now) Look to add one to a Stock Spikes Tactical ST-22 upper, looking between the Sparrow, Spectre, or Element 2 since it will be on a full rifle, my only real concern gets to be more around weight for just plinking fun.

Looking to join the waitlist in the next few weeks so I can hopefully get some rounds in this summer/fall!

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Just an FYI, after deciding to form-1 something to deer hunt with, I checked in Eden Prairie with the police.  They will sign-off.  One of the LEOs was VERY helpful and gave me some great ideas as well.  

Glad I moved to Eden Prairie.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Any one do titanium engraving?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would personally stay away from Ahlmans for gunsmith work.  I know two people that have had guns screwed up by them in the past and just last night a guy posted a pic of his friends rifle that he had threaded at Ahlmans recently and it looked very poorly done.  He ended up having it cut back and rethreaded by somebody else.  Barrel threading at Adco is $60 so even with shipping it is comparable to Ahlmans $90.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have asked around with very little luck. I have a bunch of form 1 cans planned and haven't gotten any good answers.  One local place say they would,  be it would be more expensive than my Ti cans.  Things Remembered or one of those mall places said they could do it and quoted a decent price,  but it was a younger kid and he couldn't say the depth. Much like barrel threading,  MN is void of many good gun shops that do any AR work. Still pretty Fudd central around here. (Atomic knows their stuff and can assemble, but they don't do much for machining). They are the last place I need to check for Ti engraving.  They have done lowers for me, but that was fairly expensive too. At this point I might end up buying a good punch set.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tar Heel says any material, I've used them for lowers and they engraved and had them back in the mail the same day they received it. I highly recommend them.
http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_111&product_id=254
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 3:00:01 AM EDT
[#30]
So where are we doing trusts through? Planning on 2 home made suppressors and a SBR. Already dumping a few grand into the boat this spring so not a ton of extra cash for a spendy trust. Do I NEED to spend $200-500 that some of these guys are asking?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 3:41:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So where are we doing trusts through? Planning on 2 home made suppressors and a SBR. Already dumping a few grand into the boat this spring so not a ton of extra cash for a spendy trust. Do I NEED to spend $200-500 that some of these guys are asking?
View Quote

No. She ding more gets you access to a lawyer, sometimes for life, to make sure the trust is done properly and for future changes and consultations.

If you don't need that people get along just fine with fill in the blank pre-made trusts.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#32]
41P isn't going to be the draconian rule change we were worried about.  Fingerprints and passport photos are arguably easier than setting up and notarizing a trust, maintaining that legal document for the rest of your life, and working it into your estate plan when you get older.  The only benefit is if you have family with a genuine interest in sharing NFA items.  

For simplicity I've "sealed" my NFA trust after getting two stamps with it.  Future NFA will be with photos/prints.  

Edit: also if you think there will be a panic/run on NFA due to the election you might want to jump through some trust hoops now to get in front of that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
41P isn't going to be the draconian rule change we were worried about.  Fingerprints and passport photos are arguably easier than setting up and notarizing a trust, maintaining that legal document for the rest of your life, and working it into your estate plan when you get older.  The only benefit is if you have family with a genuine interest in sharing NFA items.  

For simplicity I've "sealed" my NFA trust after getting two stamps with it.  Future NFA will be with photos/prints.  

Edit: also if you think there will be a panic/run on NFA due to the election you might want to jump through some trust hoops now to get in front of that.
View Quote

The afterlife benefits outweigh the pros of not having a trust.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I have asked around with very little luck. I have a bunch of form 1 cans planned and haven't gotten any good answers.  One local place say they would,  be it would be more expensive than my Ti cans.  Things Remembered or one of those mall places said they could do it and quoted a decent price,  but it was a younger kid and he couldn't say the depth. Much like barrel threading,  MN is void of many good gun shops that do any AR work. Still pretty Fudd central around here. (Atomic knows their stuff and can assemble, but they don't do much for machining). They are the last place I need to check for Ti engraving.  They have done lowers for me, but that was fairly expensive too. At this point I might end up buying a good punch set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

25 bucks.  The guy who does the tubes for SD Tactical.  I am pleased with how mine came.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

25 bucks.  The guy who does the tubes for SD Tactical.  I am pleased with how mine came.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was my backup. I would prefer to do it local so it wasn't in the mail once it's engraved, but he's looking like the best bet
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Submitted 12/30, approved 4/5, received stamp 4/13
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:14:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s169.photobucket.com/user/weasel_master/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160413_211017_zpsez9gytgt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/weasel_master/Mobile%20Uploads/20160413_211017_zpsez9gytgt.jpg</a>

Submitted 12/30, approved 4/5, received stamp 4/13
View Quote

Than means maybe next week for me!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#38]
My form 4 was mailed December 23. Still no word yet. My form 1's from Jan 19 and early Feb will probably be here before my Spectre stamp. I've already done another form 1 SBR this month, have 3 more Form 1 SBRs to do, 1 more form 1 can, and 2 more form 4 .22lr cans if I can find a decent price locally.  Going to be an expensive month. My NFA buying will then be completed.  Final stamp count will be 11. All submitted in the last 12 months.  My wife hates me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My form 4 was mailed December 23. Still no word yet. My form 1's from Jan 19 and early Feb will probably be here before my Spectre stamp. I've already done another form 1 SBR this month, have 3 more Form 1 SBRs to do, 1 more form 1 can, and 2 more form 4 .22lr cans if I can find a decent price locally.  Going to be an expensive month. My NFA buying will then be completed.  Final stamp count will be 11. All submitted in the last 12 months.  My wife hates me.
View Quote

Just got approval on a Jan 8th SBR form 1 yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Baffles came in today!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#42]
I am interested in the name and location of the shop that engraves for $25.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am interested in the name and location of the shop that engraves for $25.
View Quote

It's the guy whose partnered with SD tactical. It's 25 if you get an SD tube.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Form 1 approved. 1/16-4/27
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:24:24 AM EDT
[#45]
got my trust set up
now to figure out the form1's
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
got my trust set up
View Quote

What are you figuring out? We have an F1 suppressor board
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:51:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
got my trust set up

reading through it
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Pretty easy to efile. The form 1 I have done a few
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Alum...what you building....I I use pd some and melted them  lol
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's a 22 can. I'm curious as to how the shape will work and they were cheap.

If they preform well I'm going to see if I can get a set done in titanium from a machinist friend.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top