Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2015 5:55:38 PM EDT
Hello guys. If you see a Green Rav-4 with Ohio plates an an BFL sticker...that's me.  

I just moved to the area to start a new job and I'm looking for places to shoot. I have a good friend out here who bought his AR in the panic of 2013 and has yet to fire the dang thing. He's looking for some advice on how to use it etc.

I was hoping to take him to a rifle range in the area this weekend. He lives up in Shoreview and I'm staying with him for a while until I can move into my own place and bring my family up.

So where do you guys shoot? In my old state (Ohio) we were blessed with some really nice DNR ranges we could use for very cheap.  

Thanks in advance for advice. And please PM me if there are any groups that get together and shoot ARs. I started the Practical Rifle program at a club out in Illinois before I was transferred to Ohio and love to get out and shoot.

Thanks

Pecker
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There is
- Oakdale gun club (Outdoor)
- Hudson Rod and Gun (Outdoor)
- Bald Eagle (Outdoor)
- Bills (3 locations - Indoor)

Around the Shoreview Area.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I'll do some googlin'.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Shoreview also. Winter months is Bill's in circle pines, during nicer months I like Hudson rod and gun. I've also been to metro a few times, but don't like it as much. I'm like you and relocated here a couple of years ago, still looking for friends that have land to shoot on to avoid ranges all together. Welcome, and feel free to hit me up if you need a range buddy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#4]
...I also live in Shoreview. Either you're hiding or you're 75 years old. I am a member at Hudson, which they just changed the fees to reflect a no daily range fee (rifle and pistol range) once you've paid your yearly membership of $150. They're also supposed to be reworking their rifle range (range 2) to look like their pistol range (range 1.) Hopefully this happens sooner than later. Speaking of Metro, it's good for shooting pistol in the winter, shotgun in the summer.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:10:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...I also live in Shoreview. Either you're hiding or you're 75 years old. I am a member at Hudson, which they just changed the fees to reflect a no daily range fee (rifle and pistol range) once you've paid your yearly membership of $150. They're also supposed to be reworking their rifle range (range 2) to look like their pistol range (range 1.) Hopefully this happens sooner than later. Speaking of Metro, it's good for shooting pistol in the winter, shotgun in the summer.
View Quote

I don't get out as much as I would like. Work and family get in the way.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Ultimately, my office is in Eagan and come July when I get my house, that's where I'll be living.  Any ranges down towards the south I should know about?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Burnsville has an indoor range.
Alhmans is in Morristown.
Lots of people with land down south.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
horse and hunt club is down there.  not sure how high their membership rates are though
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ultimately, my office is in Eagan and come July when I get my house, that's where I'll be living.  Any ranges down towards the south I should know about?
View Quote

I am south metro.

Dakota county gun club is your best bet probably 7 miles from Eagan.  The club is just south of rosemount in UMORE park.  The club is private, members accompanied by 2 guests only and there is a waiting list.  Get on it now and you may get in within 24 months.  Fees are $75 per year?  Pistol and rifle ranges are ok not great.  No covered shooting positions and it has a 300 yard range.  No rapid fire, must be sitting, etc.  Pretty decent club for what it is....I really enjoy the 300 yard range.

VFW post 435 has a really nice range just south of Elko/new market next to I-35.  But you either need to be a vet or a kid of a vet.  Fees are reasonable $100 per year???

Horse and hunt club in prior lake.  Membership is a bit pricey but you may be able to use the rifle range still for a fee.

Fairbault has a gun club if you really want to drive but and I think I heard it has a 500 yard range though I am unsure.

If you are looking for strictly shotgun, Minneapolis gun club in prior lake area is an option.

Just so you know, the DNR doesn't own or run any gun clubs and MN is over flowing with gun clubs.  Good luck.

Also, welcome to the 4th highest income taxing state in the union and a lefty democratic controlled state!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
horse and hunt club is down there.  not sure how high their membership rates are though
View Quote

IIRC they jumped up to around $500 a year for the gun club package that would include use of the rifle and pistol ranges. At the time I was looking at joining, the pistol range in particular left a lot to be desired.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Bville is decent. They're nice but you will probably spent about  15 bucks a time there. I'm trying to find a buddy who has land that would let me shoot on.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a member out at Oakdale, fantastic range. I really like shooting there

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a member out at Oakdale, fantastic range. I really like shooting there

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top