Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent news, thanks for sharing!

Keep up the effort everyone!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Ooooh I almost ruined my pants reading this.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

GOCRA Update on FB
4/20/15 at 7:00pm

GOCRA HF1434 Update

Last night, with no fuss, the House Public Safety Committee added Rep. Mark Anderson's HF1434 suppressor legalization bill to the House Public Safety omnibus bill, HF849.

This means that, once the bill passes the full House, the Senate will be forced to consider and vote on the measure.

If you're not getting GOCRA emails, sign up today for instructions on how to help. gocra.mn/join
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was told it was added yesterday.

Awesome if true!

Can anyone confirm this before I send out another round of letters.

GOCRA Update on FB
4/20/15 at 7:00pm

GOCRA HF1434 Update

Last night, with no fuss, the House Public Safety Committee added Rep. Mark Anderson's HF1434 suppressor legalization bill to the House Public Safety omnibus bill, HF849.

This means that, once the bill passes the full House, the Senate will be forced to consider and vote on the measure.

If you're not getting GOCRA emails, sign up today for instructions on how to help. gocra.mn/join

I read through hr 849 twice and must have missed it both times.

Are you/they sure it is there?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
They don't update bills very often on revisor. Listen to the audio I linked to on the last page.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This issue doesn't seem to be as emotional as the carry issue when that was going through the legislature (both times).  Hopefully most people just don't care, and the omnibus passes with no drama.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Let's hope.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I found it on the following page after searching for 1434.

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/cco/journals/2015-16/J0416040.htm

H. F. No. 1434, A bill for an act relating to firearms; repealing prohibitions on the possession and use of suppressors; requiring chief law enforcement officers to complete federal certifications relating to suppressors in a timely manner; providing for an appeal process for denial of certification; amending Minnesota Statutes 2014, sections 97B.031, subdivision 4; 609.66, subdivision 1a, by adding a subdivision; repealing Minnesota Statutes 2014, section 609.66, subdivision 1h.

The bill was read for the third time and placed upon its final passage.

The question was taken on the passage of the bill and the roll was called.  There were 89 yeas and 40 nays as follows:

The bill was passed and its title agreed to.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]
HF 849 has finally been updated at HF 849 status
The 2nd engrossment can be read here; Hf 849 2nd engrossment

It is on its 2nd reading and hopefully is passed this week and goes on to the Senate.  HF 1434 is still in the Senate Judiciary where I expect it will stay until it dies as it is now part of the omnibus HF 849 and will be passed that way instead.

Randy
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It is on its 2nd reading and hopefully is passed this week and goes on to the Senate.  HF 1434 is still in the Senate Judiciary where I expect it will stay until it dies as it is now part of the omnibus HF 849 and will be passed that way instead.

Randy
View Quote

Let's hope, brother.

Let's hope.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Let's hope, brother.

Let's hope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Randy

Let's hope, brother.

Let's hope.

Yep. I need this upon graduation from college or else I'm living in Skanny and commuting
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep. I need this upon graduation from college or else I'm living in Skanny and commuting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy

Let's hope, brother.

Let's hope.

Safe deposit box across the river
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#12]
emails sent,thanks everyone
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Randy

Let's hope, brother.

Let's hope.

That's an idea too. Or a cabin that I happen to maintain my residency at

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy

Let's hope, brother.

Let's hope.

Don't have to maintain residency, just form a trust at the cabin address and prove ownership of the cabin (utility bill, etc) when you go buy your can.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don't have to maintain residency, just form a trust at the cabin address and prove ownership of the cabin (utility bill, etc) when you go buy your can.
View Quote

Yeah, but you still can't bring that into Minnesota, and that sucks.

If these bills go through, it will be a golden NFA age in MN.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Then MN just has to work on non-C&R NFA, and you'll be a free-ish state!  
View Quote

I hate you so much right now...

You and your freedom...

Dammit
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#19]
From GOCRA's Facebook page...

Minnesota Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance
13 mins ·
We're at the Minnesota State Senate, where good things are happening. We don't know exactly how soon, but almost certainly later this afternoon.
http://www.senate.mn/media/flashvideo.php
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

13 mins ·
We're at the Minnesota State Senate, where good things are happening. We don't know exactly how soon, but almost certainly later this afternoon.

Thanks... We can only hope!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting. This changes things

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Update from GOCRA's Facebook page

4 mins ·
Senate File 878 is now up for discussion in the Senate. This is the omnibus bill that will pair with House File 849, which contains all of our pro-2A initiatives.
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/bill.php?b=Senate&f=SF0878&ssn=0&y=2015
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Another GOCRA update about Governor Dodo

1 min ·
Governor Dayton, operating from a position of ignorance, vows to veto legislation he doesn't understand.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/04/23/dayton-vows-to-veto-bills-legalizing-gun-silencers/
View Quote

Dayton Vows To Veto Bills Legalizing Gun Silencers
April 23, 2015 4:17 PM

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Gov. Mark Dayton says he’ll veto any bill that would legalize gun silencers.
The Republican-controlled House passed that legislation this month among a handful of measures to expand firearm access in Minnesota. Those bills stood little chance of making it to the governor’s desk as the majority Democrat Senate has shown no interest in taking them up.
Gun rights advocates call them suppressors. They say suppressors don’t truly silence gunfire but merely reduce it to levels less harmful for hearing.
But Dayton quieted any possibility of legalized silencers with a veto threat Thursday. He says quieter guns could put police and civilians at greater risk.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm betting Dayton will allow the bill to be law without his signature instead of using the veto.  Might be wrong though.

Randy
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#25]
He needs to go if he can't figure this one out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Someone needs to develop a suppressor for the human mouth and clamp it on our tard governor. How this idiot ever made governor makes my head shake. Goes to show how many ignorant people are allowed to vote in this state that don't research candidates but just vote on what these tards say on tv.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
The senate is speaking to the pro-2a bills now!

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Someone needs to develop a suppressor for the human mouth and clamp it on our tard governor. How this idiot ever made governor makes my head shake. Goes to show how many ignorant people are allowed to vote in this state that don't research candidates but just vote on what these tards say on tv.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Senator Dibble proposes amendment A552, to ban all guns at the Capitol. He lied in saying that the Capitol Security committee recommended metal detectors and gun bans. The committee never recommended either measure.

The Senate has voted 39-24 NOT to further restrict carry at the Capitol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow! Constitutional carry?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://s10.postimg.org/bbfexxydl/jack_daniels_no7.jpg

This is for folks to drink allot of before listening to the bumbling idiot governor. This used to be my favorite drink. Just attach a nipple and suck on it all night. Would piss off the misses (x wife now) I chose to suck on jack than her boobs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#32]

16 mins ·
VICTORY: The Minnesota Senate has voted 40-23 to add ALL of our bills to the Senate Judiciary policy bill!
View Quote

Suppressors stand so far.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

16 mins ·
VICTORY: The Minnesota Senate has voted 40-23 to add ALL of our bills to the Senate Judiciary policy bill!

Right.

Which makes me wonder if that fucking window licking idiot, Dayton, is going to torpedo an omnibus bill...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Right.

Which makes me wonder if that fucking window licking idiot, Dayton, is going to torpedo an omnibus bill...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

16 mins ·

Right.

Yeah it is going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Do we have the votes to override the gov veto?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#36]
The Senate omnibus bill passed 39-22.  Anyone know when the House omnibus bill 849 gets a third reading?

Randy
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Senate omnibus bill passed 39-22.  Anyone know when the House omnibus bill 849 gets a third reading?

Randy
View Quote

Not sure. I will give Andrew at GOCRA a shout tomorrow and ask. Otherwise dustin_d may know also.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone needs to develop a suppressor for the human mouth and clamp it on our tard governor.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....  Bearcat said suppressor, not loudener. Have you never been near a drunk person before?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:47:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....  Bearcat said suppressor, not loudener. Have you never been near a drunk person before?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone needs to develop a suppressor for the human mouth and clamp it on our tard governor.

Just need to distract him long e Pugh for the bill to pass without his signature. Maybe he needs a 12 pack?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just need to distract him long e Pugh for the bill to pass without his signature. Maybe he needs a 12 pack?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He mumbles bad enough as it is. Can you imagine letting the tard drink a 12 pack and try talking? On second thought, let him drink. Maybe he will shut the fuck up!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#41]
As a former NYer...all I can say is...

I watch with baited breath and a pile of form 4s and a couple form 1s ready to go

Mental note, throw more money at GOCRA - even if this falls flat on it's face, they've earned my money.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wow! Constitutional carry?
View Quote

Huh???

My wife and wallet will not be happy with me if suppressors are legalized.

Thanks, GOCRA!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Wow. I was at work all day yesterday and missed everything!

Minnesota Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance Here's the likely process:

* The House will pass their public safety policy-and-finance omnibus bill, maybe next week.
* The Senate will send their public safety policy omnibus and public safety finance omnibus bills over to the House.
* The House will substitute their own bill and send it back.
* The Senate will reject the House replacement
* The House GOP and Senate DFL leaders will each appoint 5 members (with a majority of 3 or 4 from their own party) to the committee.

We'll keep you up to date. WE REALLY NEED CONSTITUENTS to write their own reps and senators. If you haven't signed up for our GOCRA emails, we don;t know who represents you, and we can't send you specific info.
Please sign up at gocra.mn/join if you haven't already.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I have been bugging the hell out of my senator Kevin Dahle (DFL) District 20 but he hasn't been very receptive. He voted NO for this yesterday.Time to keep bugging him.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Anybody know a rough timeline as to when this would hit the governor's desk, assuming it passes all else?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Made my call and sent an email to Gov Goofy this morning.

http://mn.gov/governor/contact-us/
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#47]
I really hope that anyone who sends the governor any kind of message is polite, factual and unemotional.  Anything else reduces you to the potentially humiliating kind of behavior displayed by the people representing the Protect Minnesota group at the House hearing a while back.

Randy
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I really hope that anyone who sends the governor any kind of message is polite, factual and unemotional.  Anything else reduces you to the potentially humiliating kind of behavior displayed by the people representing the Protect Minnesota group at the House hearing a while back.

Randy
View Quote

So you're saying we shouldn't address our mails to "Governor Wharrgarbl Mumbles"?

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Randy
View Quote

This 1000%. Be diplomatic people.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Anybody know a rough timeline as to when this would hit the governor's desk, assuming it passes all else?
View Quote
A few weeks. Next action is the House will pass their public safety policy-and-finance omnibus bill possibly next week.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top