Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2015 7:29:05 PM EDT
Well I've decided that I NEED a Mosin-Nagant to add to my collection of older military firearms (M1's, Springfields, and Enfields so far). I know a little about them but have never shot any or handled them more than just picking one up at a shop. Are there any places in the Cities that would be good to brows through (especially if they have employees that know something about firearms) that have them at a decent price? I just want to start off with something run-of-the-mill that I can clean up and shoot now and then for fun. After that I'm sure I will have to get another one that is a little different for some reason.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I still see them at Fleet Farm on occasion, and the last time I was at Bill's in Circle Pines they had a crate of 91/30's. There is a boatload of info on the rifles here.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Cabela's always seems to have a bunch of them, and I'd give them my money before Bill's
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of these last summer and they were in excellent condition.  You could always see if they can order more.

http://arnzenarms.com/product/14833
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Fleet Farm.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought mine for $59 and $39 at FAC in Fridley....
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Too bad they closed up shop 9 years ago

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought mine for $59 and $39 at FAC in Fridley....

Too bad they closed up shop 9 years ago

Too bad indeed!
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Stopped by Fleet Farm and Cabela's today to look at Mosins. Fleet Farm was out and the 3 or 4 Cabela's had were in really rough shape. I will keep my eyes out when I'm at Fleet Farm getting dog food and stuff for when they get more.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
"Buy the bore", as they say. Especially if you're looking for a "shooter" and not versed on what makes certain specimens more collectable than others.

I've owned at least 50 of them and still have something like twenty and handled thousands of others. Beware of what importers and salesmen tell you about their condition. Some importers will even mark the condition on their boxes as being "Very good", or "Excellent", but this is usually only based on external appearance. Because they've been through an arsenal refurbishment, many will appear to be almost new....but the bore could still be a sewer pipe, as they were shot with corrosive ammo and not always properly cleaned, afterwards. Also, the Soviets did not normally replace barrels during this refurb process. So, inspect the bore if at all possible. Most will have cosmoline caked inside, so if it hasn't been cleaned out, it's impossible to tell what condition the bore is in.

Great rifles, once you learn their quirks. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Check Element Arms as they have been know to have a nice selection.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View Quote

I was up there yesterday and I believe I saw two. Possibly one with a hex receiver...
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was up there yesterday and I believe I saw two. Possibly one with a hex receiver...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check Element Arms as they have been know to have a nice selection.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123

Yes we have a couple nice ones left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top