Ahlmans has came up with a event to replace outbreak

Detail on www.ahlmans.com/delta2015

200$ package  200 spots available
100$ package 300 spots available
25$ spectator

20 stages each stage has pistol rifle and shotgun steel/targets
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#1]
So... Its official? No more "official" Outbreak at Ahlman's?

Yes, I knew DPMS was giving it over to ZERT... But info after that has been kinda scarce.

If so, I'm in on this one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Zert will probably be continuing Outbreak as the just announced it would possibly be in October. But details of a location are still unknown.and it being in MN is highly unlikely
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Zert will probably be continuing Outbreak as the just announced it would possibly be in October. But details of a location are still unknown.and it being in MN is highly unlikely
View Quote

Got a link? Or is it in their super-secret squirrel forums?

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.facebook.com/ZERT702?ref=br_tf
You do not have to log in to see the post...
****OUTBREAK OMEGA 7 UPDATE****

Still a work in progress. If Omega 7 does get the "green light" . We are looking at a October 2015 Timeline.

Thank you for your patience and support!

I believe that they are looking at locations East of  WI/IL
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

****OUTBREAK OMEGA 7 UPDATE****

Still a work in progress. If Omega 7 does get the "green light" . We are looking at a October 2015 Timeline.

Thank you for your patience and support!

Ugh... ZERT is worse than T-Nation for pushing their "branded" gear...

Wisconsin I could handle. If they fuck it up as badly as they did the last one, it isn't worth it.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#6]
That's too official for me, have fun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Eric Pakieser and some of his crew are doing the training on Friday...  http://www.pakieser.com/bio.html
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#8]
My BiL and I are both registered for this. Tier 1.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I do appreciate the honesty on display...
Numerous manufacturers donate prizes for the 2 door prize drawings.
       Expensive items such as guns, riflescopes, etc. are awarded at these
       drawings. Some manufacturers furnish large quantities of less expensive
       items such as clip magazines, lens covers, knives, etc. We assemble grab
       bags containing these smaller items. At this time, we have no idea
       exactly what these bags will contain. You'll either yell "WHOOPEE!  
       or OH CRAP!" when you open them.   No guarantee.
View Quote

Better this than a bunch of unwarranted hype. Although, I do wonder what the hell a "clip magazine" is... ;-)

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Better this than a bunch of unwarranted hype. Although, I do wonder what the hell a "clip magazine" is... ;-)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Numerous manufacturers donate prizes for the 2 door prize drawings.         Expensive items such as guns, riflescopes, etc. are awarded at these         drawings. Some manufacturers furnish large quantities of less expensive         items such as clip magazines, lens covers, knives, etc. We assemble grab         bags containing these smaller items. At this time, we have no idea         exactly what these bags will contain. You'll either yell "WHOOPEE!          or OH CRAP!" when you open them.   No guarantee.

Duh.....

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Holy shit! That is SWEET!!!

Thanks for the clarification!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got signed up, left a voicemail for Erin to reserve a campsite.
Anybody know who's in charge of this event?
Hope it's worth the $$$
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#13]
From the FAQ, it looks like Ahlman's themselves.

They do the Shooters Roundup, so... I have hope.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Any questions should be directed to Ahlmans. Ask for Bruce or Mike.  They are most likely to have the best info on the event. Or if you guys wish, post questions here and I can present them to the guys.

Tony.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
One of the biggest gripes I had about the last Outbreak was the almost complete lack of zombie targets. The general atmosphere was a haphazzard rehash of the previous years props with almost nothing else to lend that zombie apocolypse/end of the wolrd flavor to it.

Anyone can set up shooting stages and run the rubes through the cattle gates.

Avoid what they did last time, and it'll be a relative success.

If all else fails, this is Delta! Make it your own... :-)

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't get to the shoot last year, but I have heard a lot about the gripes about it. I'd love to hear what you guy's would like to see there. That being said, we will never make everyone happy, but I will do my best to get some of this info to the guy's. I might be setting up a stage myself with another instructor and still need ideas for that as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#17]
If they go just a little "over the top" with the props/feel of it...

Loved the year they had the over turned cars with bodies pinned under them. The makeshift morgues scattered around.

Something other than a 10" white circle to shoot at is good too.

I'll be bringing some of my Halloween props for the campsite this year. Severed limbs and such... Oughta be fun... :-)
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#18]
NIce! lol
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#19]

BWAHAHAHA

I carry both sizes in my kit.  They sometimes come in handy for hanging up paper targets.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I can confirm that QSI is working with Ahlman's to provide the training sessions.  

We have been talking to a lot of participants about what they liked (and didn't) about the training ZERT gave last year, and taking that into account.  

If you attended last year's training and want to let us know how it went for you, please feel free to send us a message or email [email protected]

Stay tuned for more info.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If they go just a little "over the top" with the props/feel of it...

Loved the year they had the over turned cars with bodies pinned under them. The makeshift morgues scattered around.

Something other than a 10" white circle to shoot at is good too.

I'll be bringing some of my Halloween props for the campsite this year. Severed limbs and such... Oughta be fun... :-)
View Quote

I think the zombie train has left the station. This looks more like a post apocalypse, anarchy themed shoot.
Personally I'd like to shoot imaginative 3 gun style stages with plates that aren't past they're prime.
Plates can be a lot of fun, if they are challenging. Looking forward to hanging out with like minded people,
and doing some run and gun in my kilt.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I think the zombie train has left the station. This looks more like a post apocalypse, anarchy themed shoot.

Personally I'd like to shoot imaginative 3 gun style stages with plates that aren't past they're prime.

Plates can be a lot of fun, if they are challenging. Looking forward to hanging out with like minded people,

and doing some run and gun in my kilt.
View Quote

Just in case, I'm bringing some of my own damn zombie/terrorist targets.

The kilt is coming too...

Gonna leave the bagpipes home this year, but they may be added once I can get something recognizable as an actual song coming out of them. I didn't buy them. Parents found them in a thrift store. They are a bit better than some of the Pakistani knock-offs I've seen, but it came with some crap reeds and Royal Stewart tartan on it. I've since corrected that...

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:29:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes, I knew DPMS was giving it over to ZERT... But info after that has been kinda scarce.

View Quote

Z.E.R.T. announced that Outbreak 7 is going to be held in Tulsa Oklahoma, so  that confirms they do not plan to hold anything even remotely around here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Z.E.R.T. announced that Outbreak 7 is going to be held in Tulsa Oklahoma, so  that confirms they do not plan to hold anything even remotely around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So much for what they said last year then.

I love it when people keep their word. When they don't... Not so much...

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does this translate to, Interceptor_Knight will be in the Oklahoma HTF from now on?
View Quote

No.  The only reason I was involved in the shoot last year was that I helped with the RSO staff.  I will not be going to Oklahoma for 007.  
I will, however, be at Ahlman's in June to enjoy this year's shoot..  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh damn, and i was so excited to see what the mall ninjas at ZERT would be doing this year
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Oh damn, and i was so excited to see what the mall ninjas at ZERT would be doing this year
View Quote

What? You mean unrelieved black outfits with black/white/red vinyl patches all over them aren't in vogue any more?

To be honest, I hope the Chicken suit guy, vinyl catsuit girl, Tomb Raider chick, and the MIB guys show up again.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I haven't heard much more about this shoot, does anybody have any info on attendance or vendors?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#30]
google Delta 2015 They have some info up. I think Ahlmans needs a web master. Last time I checked, it wasn't linked on the Ahlmans home page.
I'm looking forward to it. it's a good time camping, Larry always treats us right. The Black Watch will be there.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Here's a link: Delta 2015 at Ahlman's

Countin' the days...

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Just bringing this back up to the to since its this weekend

sounds like  30k in potential prizes  and 20-25 firearms to be given away.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone going on Friday?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I will be there at a booth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone going on Friday?
View Quote

I'll be rolling in Friday morning to get my camp set up.
Looking forward to the four wheeler stage Bill's is going to be running.
I always wanted to shoot a Barrett.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll be there Friday.  Opted against bringing the race gun, the coonan is coming instead after all this is supposed to be fun.!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Bringing my Coonan too.
Too many of the peeps want to shoot it, I have to bring it.
Glad you're bringing yours this year.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Bringing my Coonan too.

Too many of the peeps want to shoot it, I have to bring it.

Glad you're bringing yours this year.
View Quote

I'll bring a box of .357's... :-)

Al and I will be heading down there Thurs evening to set up. His Father passed away recently and left him quite a few firearms. not sure what all he's planning on toting down.

For the love of every Deity known to the history of man.... Do not let me drink that much Scotch again... /drunk

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I had a blast coming out for Friday, I hope you guys enjoyed our stage. Lots of good shooting and I hope the positions and instruction was what you were looking for.

- AIM Precision
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#40]
I had a great time this year!  I've been to five other events at  Ahlmans similar to this one, SHTFs and Outbreaks, this was by far the best run and set up event yet.  They did a great job.  Thanks guys for all your hard work.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#41]
The training on Friday was very enjoyable and worth the price. Thanks to QSI, AIM Precision, and Ahlman's for setting it up and running the classes smoothly.

Good food Friday, as always! My stomach was very happy. :-)

Saturday's courses were all very well run. Only one or two bottle necks at the more popular stages (the bus comes to mind). And as always the RO's were fantastic. Great job to all...

Even the "zombie apocolypse" feel was better this year. However, my offer stands if y'all need an "over the top"/"this guys a little nuts" type person for coming up with ambiance/decor ideas for 2016.

Lastly, thanks to all my fellow participants. It does my heart a lot of good to see so many of us getting together for such a FUN event. The Black Watch crew continue to be some of the best folks I've ever had the happy coincidence of falling in with.

I can hardly wait until next year... :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top