Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2014 9:24:08 PM EDT
I am looking for a house and I'm just kind of looking at all my options.  I want enough land to go out in my backyard and shoot my guns but be close enough to civilization so I don't lose my mind.  I've been looking online at places near Walker, Bemidji, Deer River, and the surrounding areas but I'm just not sure.  My mom moved to Deer River and has said that there are certain areas to stay away from (The Reservations).  What do you all think?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you do for a living?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a joke waiting to be born in the" Reservation"s about reservations comment.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Bemidji and Walker, but I haven't spent a whole lot of time in either. Lots of lakes and trees around both, and probably lots of places where you can both live and shoot. The thing is, a lot of the state is like that. Is there something in particular about that area that draws you there?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Go north young man go way north.

PM me if you want some info
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like Bemidji and Walker, but I haven't spent a whole lot of time in either. Lots of lakes and trees around both, and probably lots of places where you can both live and shoot. The thing is, a lot of the state is like that. Is there something in particular about that area that draws you there?
View Quote

I'm not really sure.  I figure that those areas are more close to bigger cities whereas if I go way north than I am secluded 100%.  I travel for work so it really doesn't matter where I live.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Bemidji is such a shit hole.

Had a family cabin on upper red for 20 years.

Unless the only hobbies you have are being isolated, being outside, freezing your ass off 6 months, and being eaten alive by mosquitoes for the other six months.....

Go south son, go south.

I'm in the northern metro and will never live farther north than I do now.

In all seriousness it is beautiful living in northern MN, but it's a damn hard life for most people.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought some land east of Brainerd. I know a lot of people up there and have spent a lot of time there, which is what drew me to the area. If I didn't have the connections out here that I do, I would rather have land near Milaca/ Mora/ Pine City. Easy drive to the cities, but still out in the sticks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Realize this:

A membership at a local gun range will cost less than the cost of travel/wear-n-tear on a vehicle(s) to move out that far and live full time.

But it depends on your profession and social requirements. (AR15.com not withstanding)

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Avoid Grand Rapids. I'm not very nice.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Realize this:

A membership at a local gun range will cost less than the cost of travel/wear-n-tear on a vehicle(s) to move out that far and live full time.

But it depends on your profession and social requirements. (AR15.com not withstanding)

View Quote

Yeah right.  I grew up where I could shoot my guns in the backyard.  I hate shooting at ranges near possible ass clowns who are retards at firearm safety.  I have people issues.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:57:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Spyder
A buddy of mine has 80 acres for sale all wooded field hunting land right of the tar road and only about 3 miles from the best  shooting range in the County and free use of it. http://www.wlrsc.org/  

Not a bad place to live
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top