Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 11:37:34 AM EDT
I have no luck with windshield wipers. None.

Time to change mine (again). Does anyone have recommendations for a brand that can handle MN weather?

I drive a Toyota 4Runner.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I've bought the cheapest from Wally World & the better, not best, from them & they pretty much all are shot in a year.  I finally decided that I just have to replace them every year at this time.  I saw some cheap at Costco, $7.99 maybe, so I think I'll get them next.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed.  I've never seen any noticeable difference between the $25 wipers and the $4 dollar wipers, they all wear out fast in MN winters.  I buy the $4 ones.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
fleet farm had some curved oncs for 8 each
10 rebate on two of em...
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Fair enough.

With the winter here, whatever I buy will be dead by spring, anyway...
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Same experiences here too. They all last the same.

I will say that I bought two of the cheap Menards ones, they don't make good windshield contact in the center. Never had this problem before.. Will NOT be buying them again.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Bosch ICON have been the best for me The cheap ones would last maybe 3 to 4 months on my semi tractor and just not work for shit.   Bosch lasted 2 years.   In the end The cost was near the same. Lots of cheap ones or one time bosch.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I get the next-second-most expensive from NAPA (not the top of the line). Buy them in October when they have their big sale. Easily last a full year, excellent results. More expensive than I like, but worth it in the long run.
I've never gotten more than a year out of any wipers.  Ever. The heat is what kills them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I've found its the ice on the windshield. Just beats the shite out of them...
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've found its the ice on the windshield. Just beats the shite out of them...
View Quote

This.

However I suggest that you defrost the windshield & scrape it long before you use the wipers.  Otherwise your blades will be shot the first time that they're run over the ice.  If you're out in an ice storm & it's sticking to the windshield, there's no choice so you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the windshield clear.

Good luck Zap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top