Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2014 3:50:20 PM EDT
I applied for my first CCW permit, after taking the class last night. For my fellow Dakota county residents, how long did it take for you to get your permit from the date you applied?

I was so excited, I just got a new gun for CCW, a CZ-83 in .380 Auto
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in dakota county and it took them clowns 33 days to issue mine. Hopefully you get yours sooner than later.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live in dakota county and it took them clowns 33 days to issue mine. Hopefully you get yours sooner than later.
View Quote

when was that?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've gotten it 3 times in Dakota(03, 08, 13), and it was right at or just over 30 days each time.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
They were quick to issue my purchase permit, although it took me forever to actually get it. I applied for a carry permit about two weeks ago, and I haven't received it yet.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They were quick to issue my purchase permit, although it took me forever to actually get it. I applied for a carry permit about two weeks ago, and I haven't received it yet.
View Quote

That jives with what ive been reading, the sheriff in dakota believes they need the full 30 days to investigate, despite the background check taking minutes
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, just saw this thread

I got mine after about 2 weeks IIRC
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got mine a few days ago, just shy of 30 days.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]
My Dakota county P2C initial and renewal both arrived in the mail on calendar day 30.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I know I am pulling this up, but maybe there is some hope with Leslie as Sheriff.

I applied for my permit right on Dec 19.  I got it around 25 calender days.  Best part is having Leslie's signature on it and not Bellows.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That jives with what ive been reading, the sheriff in dakota believes they need the full 30 days to investigate, despite the background check taking minutes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it that they take the most amount of time and the maximum fee becomes the actual?

Thought that a while back legislature passed that they can charge no more than what is required to file?

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:34:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why is it that they take the most amount of time and the maximum fee becomes the actual?

Thought that a while back legislature passed that they can charge no more than what is required to file?
View Quote

Probably because they don't actually want to issue them. My carry permit showed up just a day or two shy of the maximum.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
If I remember right mine came really fast a few years ago, 2 weeks maybe ?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I remember right mine came really fast a few years ago, 2 weeks maybe ?
View Quote

I got my renewal about a year and a half ago and I remember it as being about 2 weeks also. I had previously been in Ramsey county and saw about 3 weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top